LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite OR error weirdness

This used to work in LV18, now in LV20 (and 21 beta) this brakes in some situations:

wiebeCARYA_0-1624951928960.png

I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but AFAIC, it should just work...

The error in\error out + OR is the simplest situation where it breaks, even in a new VI.

The problem is only there for 1 input. Extracting the node unbreaks the wire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,103 Views)

Could it be related to this issue discussed on LAVA that resulted in bug ID 1289111 ?

LabVIEW is not correctly determining when it needs to recompile/save the VI when switching between RT and Windows

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,058 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Could it be related to this issue discussed on LAVA that resulted in bug ID 1289111 ?

LabVIEW is not correctly determining when it needs to recompile/save the VI when switching between RT and Windows

That LAVA content is hidden (from me).

But there's no RT involved at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,053 Views)

This was posted publicly a little while ago where it was ignored, and then forgotten by the author (me).  No CAR or bug was assigned.

Message 4 of 8
(2,045 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
That LAVA content is hidden (from me).

But there's no RT involved at all.

It shows once you log in. (Not sure why Lava is configured that way, but it will prevent finding it using a google search 😞 )

I agree that's quite a different problem. (At first glance it resembles this report, but probably not the same cause)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,034 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

This was posted publicly a little while ago where it was ignored, and then forgotten by the author (me).  No CAR or bug was assigned.

Let's hope it gets some attention now...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,025 Views)

Almost certainly related to the feature which is supposed to break wire branches instead of the entire wire.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,013 Views)

I've created Bug 1518595 to track this issue. 

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 8 of 8
(2,007 Views)