LabVIEW 2022 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2022 Beta Now Available

@Christina_R wrote:

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

I looked at the SSH functions and see a 'Execute SSH Command' function. This appears to be non-interactive.

Will there be an interactive 'session' based feature as well?

Thank you for your feedback! We're considering adding a session-based API for SSH, but it won't be in the LabVIEW 2022 Q3 release.

Is there a way to use the "Execute SSH Command" function interactively?  What is the use case proposition without the 'session" feature if most usages require a session to persist?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 47
(2,499 Views)

@carlos_camargo wrote:

Is there a way to use the "Execute SSH Command" function interactively?  What is the use case proposition without the 'session" feature if most usages require a session to persist?

We had many customer requests for the ability to run a command remotely, without a session. We are aware, however, that this doesn't cover all use cases.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 47
(2,441 Views)

The Beta is just LabVIEW, right? No RT or FPGA toolkits?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 47
(2,369 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

The Beta is just LabVIEW, right? No RT or FPGA toolkits?

Yes, that's correct.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 47
(2,358 Views)

How many requests did you have to run SSH without a session?  Are you sure that they wanted SSH without a session, or did they assume you'd understand that a session was required?  It seems that a session is required for most use cases.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 47
(2,308 Views)

Why not add SSH as an NI-VISA resource type?

TCPIP0::192.168.1.100::22::SSH

Then all NI products that support NI-VISA could use SSH!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Native-SSH-and-SFTP-Support/idc-p/1609330/highlight/t...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 36 of 47
(2,290 Views)

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

Why not add SSH as an NI-VISA resource type?

TCPIP0::192.168.1.100::22::SSH

Then all NI products that support NI-VISA could use SSH!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Native-SSH-and-SFTP-Support/idc-p/1609330/highlight/t...

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the feasibility for a number of reason:

- NI-VISA hasn't seen any major (or even minor) additions in quite a long time. This is partly because NI-VISA isn't really an NI product anymore but managed by a consortium that has to agree on pretty much everything before it can be done. But it's also because I think the NI-VISA developers pretty much all have moved on to other positions and there isn't much of a full time support crew for its development anymore.

- SSH might require some additional functionality similar to what USB raw required. If it is just property additions it could be done without changing LabVIEW itself by simply adding those properties to the visarc file, but otherwise it would require modification of the VISA specification AND the LabVIEW VISA interface.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 47
(2,187 Views)

@Rich_Y. wrote:

Has anyone out there successfully activated the beta? 

I have installed the Linux Version in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS run in Oracle VirtualBox 6.1 - as mentioned on the download page, I had to be logged into my NI account to download the .iso

In contrast to LabView 2021 community, the LabView 2022 Q3 beta is installed successfully from the mounted .iso via the INSTALL script

for some packages, there shows up a warning or rather  notice - which are said to be ignored safely

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 47
(2,175 Views)

Did the activation problem ever get solved?

(I recently installed on a VM but activation always fails using the given number. I have until the 18th to fix it, then it will stop working...)

altenbach_0-1657753714657.png

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 47
(2,142 Views)

Hi @altenbach.  By chance, are you using IPv6?  If so, do you get desired activation results if you disable IPv6?

When originally reported N months ago, the request internally got routed to IT, but a work item never got back to me.  I'll follow up internally to learn more, and copy back here if there's anything noteworthy to share.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 47
(2,134 Views)