LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC2468 and PWM

HI !

I am using LPC2468 and labview embedded 2010. how to generate a PWM with a period of 20 ms and a pulse duration of 0.005 ms?

Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(7,766 Views)

It looks like the LPC2468 processor is what is considered a Tier 2 device. This means that the processor is supported by LabVIEW ARM, but the pin outs are not developed for LabVIEW. This article will explain a little more:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7066

You can also try to port the pins yourself by following this link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6994

After that youwill have to write the proper instructions in order to do a PWM. If you have any questions regarding these, let em know. Thanks,

Scott W

Applications Engineering

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 22
(7,754 Views)
Thank you for your reply! tier1 = MCB2400. MCB2400 is based on the LPC2468. LPC2468 is not a tier1?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(7,749 Views)

So, what tier 1 means is that LabVIEW knows all of the pinouts, and what is available on the evaluation board. You have the same processor which means that LabVIEW has no problems compiling to the processor. What LabVIEW doesn't know is what that processor is connected to, and this is what you would have to program yourself with the instructions found here:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7119

Most of what is in that tutorial I sent to you may not be needed (e.g.porting to RTX kernel) but you will definitely need to port your I/O so that LabVIEW knows what I/O is connected to your processor. I hope that helps!

Scott W

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(7,738 Views)

I could not find PrjAttr.ctl in LabVIEW \ Targets \ Keil \ Embedded \ RealView \ Generic \ LPC2468 \ EIO \

Could you please describe step by step what to do? Thank you!

3.jpg

2.jpg 

1.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(7,729 Views)

From the steps that I gave to you in the link:

• Browse to the LabVIEW\examples\lvemb\EIO\EIO User Plugin Templates\ directory.
  • Copy the following files to the LabVIEW\Targets\Keil\Embedded\RealView\LPC3180\EIO directory. They will be used as a template for creating the various plug-in VIs.

The files will not be there until you copy them over to that directory that you have created.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(7,720 Views)

EIO User Plugin copied in 2010 ... LabVIEW \ Targets \ Keil \ Embedded \ RealView \ Generic \ LPC2468 \ eio

but then could not find: Target Editor
where is it?
Thank you!

123.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(7,711 Views)

my step

fgfhgn.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

EIO User Plugin copied in 2010 ... LabVIEW \ Targets \ Keil \ Embedded \ RealView \ Generic \ LPC2468 \ eio

but then could not find: Target Editor
where is it?
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(7,695 Views)

You need to use the ARM Elemental I/O wizard.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,690 Views)

Thanks for your help!

my next steps

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg