Did you mean: 

Compactability

Hi,

I am using lab view 2013.. i would like to know whether

NI LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Toolkit is compactable with Labview 2013

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,494 Views)

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA) is compatible with LabVIEW 2013 but it is not recommended.  If you are not already using LIFA then it is recommended that you use LINX because LIFA is old and no longer officially supported.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,557 Views)

Thanks for ur response. I would like to know whether is any ardunio IDE is required to run a program in LABVIEW . Or else oly labview blockdiagram alone is enough to program ardunio.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,557 Views)

If you use LINX, you do not need the Arduino IDE.  If you use LIFA, you need the Arduino IDE to compile and upload the firmware to the Arduino.

Read the getting starting documents for LINX to learn how to use it:  https://www.labviewhacker.com/doku.php?id=learn:libraries:linx:getting_started

Message 4 of 8
(3,557 Views)

thank u... IDE is required for oly compiling the code right!! Thre is no need for coding in IDE or BLock diagram in labview will do???

Please attach few links of labview Arduino (windows) tutorial and examples

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,557 Views)

Yes dear LIFA work on labview 2013

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:39:29 -0500

To: hafizsaeediqbal@yahoo.com

Subject: - Compactability

Community

Compactability

created by jlprasath in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino - View the full discussion

Hi,

I am using lab view 2013.. i would like to know whether

NI LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Toolkit is compactable with Labview 2013

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

Start a new discussion in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino by email or at Community

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,557 Views)

I posted the link to the Getting Started tutorial already above.  After you run the Firmware Wizard, it asks you if you want to run an example.  Click Yes.

Since it appears that you are new to LabVIEW, you should take some time to learn the basics of LabVIEW.  One good place to start is here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,557 Views)

If you are sticking with LIFA then normally you need the IDE for compiling but you could use this utility to simply upload an already built HEX file.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/18700

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,557 Views)