LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1

NI today released LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1, a scheduled upgrade that includes bug fixes and improved stability for LabVIEW 2010. The release is an exclusive update for members of the NI Standard Service and Volume License programs. For immediate access, you can download LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 from ni.com now.

One of the primary new features in LabVIEW 2010 was an optimized compiler that delivered improved run-time performance. This was achieved by coupling a custom compiler intermediate language known as DataFlow Intermediate Representation (DFIR) with the Low-Level Virtual Machine (LLVM), a versatile high-performance open source compiler framework that has become widely used in both academia and industry.

Because of the compiler optimizations in LabVIEW 2010, a small percentage of users with large and complex LabVIEW diagrams experienced an increase in compile time. Unlike other programming languages with an explicit compile step, LabVIEW compiles code to provide edit-time feedback. Thus, these delays occurred when editing or saving large and complex diagrams. LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 delivers a solution that prevents large LabVIEW diagrams from being affected by the new compiler stack.

NI believes the LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 delivers an improved programming experience. Pleae use this thread to share feedback or experiences that can help NI enhance LabVIEW even further.

Message 1 of 31
(7,413 Views)

please tell me how can i get labview 2010 64bit version. i had previosly requested for the evaluation cd. but what was sent to me is the 32 bit version. please help me get the 64 bit version for windows7 platform.

Message 2 of 31
(7,187 Views)

I downloaded the service pack 1 software and installed it.It did not remember the registration for Labview and I had to reregister the software. Not a big deal.

I downloaded the device drivers for feb 2011. this is a bigger deal. I get this for an error:

viOpenDefaultRM returned 0x3FFF0077 (The specified configuration either does not exist or could not be loaded. VISA-specified defaults will be used.)

This error usually occurs when a Passport either could not be found or could not be loaded.  Please make sure your Passports are correctly configured by using the Passport editor, and then refresh your configuration tree.  The following Passports were enabled on your system but could not be found or loaded:
    C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\Bin\NiViPxi.dll could not be loaded
    C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\Bin\NiViFW.dll could not be found

Possible reasons for this warning:
1. A Passport was either renamed or deleted.
2. A Passport depends on other components in your system that are no longer present.
3. Your installation of VISA is corrupt, i.e. an internal registry key is missing or changed.
4. An older installation of VISA may have caused this warning without specifying more information.  Try refreshing the configuration tree to get more information.

I get application ini errors when windows is starting for the NiViPxi.dll and NiViFW.dll. This install also wiped out all of my global virtual channels and scales that I had saved. This is a very disappointing release.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(7,054 Views)

Also NI Max is no longer recoginizing any of my DAQ cards. This was a real nice upgrade.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(7,051 Views)

I went to add remove programs and ran the repair on the DAQmx part and it seems to have fixed the problem. It did ask me for driver disks for Feb 2010. The las driver disk was from Aug 2010. I had to cancel out of this so I hope that I will not have problems here.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(7,045 Views)

Anwesha,

If you go to ni.com/info and enter lv64bit, there are instructions to receive the 64-bit media.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(7,029 Views)

As a SSP member I wanted to download the files, but found that they all are just downloader.exe files and that I can't download them directly.

This is getting to me - both because I primarily use Mac OS X for all my Internet activities and the downloaders don't work there, and because on Windows I don't want to grant a zillion of applications the right to download files and fire up the Windows and Anti-Virus paranoia with each download.

Please NI, respect the security needs of your valued customers.

The note saying "Some of these downloads may include a downloader file that should increase the transfer speed of the software and allow you to resume a download if you are interrupted." is just a lame excuse - decent browsers can resume downloads and downloads of this size (below 1 GByte) are standard today. 

Hope the Platform DVD arrives soon.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(6,969 Views)

I downloaded and installed LV2010 SP1 and had no problem:) All my custom stuff where still in place after the upgrade:)

To Beat Federer:

I use windows 7 with Avast Antivirus. I've removed the "Are you sure you want to run this .exe file?" from windows. The free version of Avast and the built-in Windows Defender are more than enough to be safe. So running this upgrade went pretty smooth:)

If you want virus, you get virus. If you don't want virus, you don't get it. It all comes down to the user.

Anyways I prefer Linux 😉

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(6,808 Views)

Beat Federer,

Without arguing the merits of the modern browser to successfully resume intereupted downloads (especially globally), I see your point. Although the intent of the downloader file is to improve the experience of downloading files from ni.com (and has become commonplace), there is no need to "REQUIRE" the downloader file to be used. Technically, we don't require it. However, in this situation, there are a lot product downloads on that particular page, and it would have severely cluttered the page to post double the links.

If you send me a quick email (Jeffrey.Phillips@ni.com), I can send you a link to the product file, where you can bypass the downloader all-together.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(6,631 Views)

Hi Jeffrey,

Do you know if localized versions of SP1 are already available ?

I am looking for the French version . Also is it possible to get the direct link for downloading it ?

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(6,529 Views)