LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-restart LabVIEW after crash does not work in newer versions

Am I the only one whose "auto-restart after crash" functionality does not work anymore in newer versions of LV?

Even if I check the option, nothing happens. The fact that I choose to send a report to NI or not makes no difference.

Last version that worked for me was LV2016, and with LV2021 it has never worked, so a regression must have happened in between...

raphschru_0-1710067199246.png

While we're at it, I'm curious if anyone has ever managed to successfully send an error report to NI through this dialog?

All of my attempts have failed with messages like "NI server did not respond" or "A firewall or other network parameters prevented the sending of this report"...

Any idea how to allow the sending of crash reports?

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(192 Views)

I usually abort the error reporting but when I don't it most of the times goes through. At home there is no complicated firewall setup but just a "block anything from the evil internet" setting in the router. At work there is a more complicated network setup that although not very obstructive sometimes does cause trouble, but I never really investigated when it did not work.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(162 Views)

Auto-restart has never worked for me.

Several years ago, error reports could sometimes get through if I retried sending them two to five times, but not anymore. So if it worked sometimes, it cannot be a firewall thing I guess. Nowadays, I try resending a few times for each new LV-version but have mostly given up. The feature is not very eager to get you to actually get that report sent if it fails either. I have begun to suspect that NI don't want my (or our) reports anymore. And the feature does not tell you any other way of sending the report if it fails sending it itself. 

The implementation seems poor overall. Also, for example, fields like the email were sometimes recalled but most often I have had to reenter all the info again. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(109 Views)