cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build arrays then reset

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All

I know you read these words a lot here ,sorry ,I'm new to labview and I want someone to help me out in the vi that I'm going to explain now.

untitled.JPG

I have a while loop with a variable inside it (local variable or a random variable in this example),the loop has wait time of 1000ms ,so every one second there's a new value .

after an amount of time I want to record what the variable outputs into an array ,and then sum up all of these values and then display them.

I will trigger the recording process manually using a boolean trigger so ,no need for a timer or something ,i will just press a button then values start to accomulate in the array and then when I release the button ,I want these values to be summed up and displayed ,Then I have another RESET Boolean ,that I press to reset the values in the array back to zeroes in order to press the button one more time again later and then the process repeats itself again.

I made the vi in the way that i'm posting right now that i can only begin the vi so values accomulate and then when i press the boolean button the loop stops and then the array is summed up and displayed.

the problem is that i can't reset the values or repeat the process again because when i press the boolean ,the loop stops and i can't start it over once again.

I will be very thankful if someone helped me out with that.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Shady

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,198 Views)

Have a look on the attached VI, let me know if you need any changes.

Message 2 of 9
(3,181 Views)

You can try the following method.

Build Arrays 1.png

Build Arrays 2.png

Good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 3 of 9
(3,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shadymohamed

Hey shady,

It is always advisable to use shift register for building arrays. Using a while loop within  a Case Structure is not a good programming practice. Check out the attached VI. This must help you.

Untitled.png

Warm Regards,
NitZ

(Give Kudos to good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 4 of 9
(3,163 Views)

But still this may decrease the performance as explained Here.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 5 of 9
(3,156 Views)

Anand,

Thanks for pointing this out. I was thinking of it while coding this, but then felt that it will be a bit confusing for shady to use all the reverse functions and all initially. Anyway, thanks again.:)

Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,152 Views)

Puneet K

Thanks a lot for the example VI ,It took me a while to figure out how those booleans array work 😄 ,but yeah finally i got it .

Thanks again

Regards,

Shady

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,133 Views)

P Anand

Thanks a lot ! ,The simplest and fastest solution to my problem 🙂 ,although it doesn't have the reset button ,but the same function can be obtained when release the boolean "capture".

Thanks a lot again !! 🙂

Regards

Shady

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,131 Views)

NitzZ

You got what I meant exactly ,the solution is perfect and also easy for me to understand ,thanks a lot man 😄 .

Thanks again

Regards

Shady

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,128 Views)