LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN comunication

"Handling ACKs in LabVIEW for CAN Message Reception on sbRIO"

Hello everyone, I'm working on a project involving CAN communication between an sbRIO board and a DSP. I'm curious about how to handle ACKs in LabVIEW for CAN message reception on the sbRIO board. Is there any function or method in LabVIEW that allows me to verify if an ACK was received after receiving a CAN message on the sbRIO? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(195 Views)

The ACK bit is controlled by the recipient node when it receives the message. If sbRIO receives a CAN message, it will send the ACK bit to the transmitter. 

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(167 Views)

Thank you for your response. However, I was wondering if there is any specific function in LabVIEW that allows me to access ACK information after receiving a CAN message on the sbRIO board. Are you aware of any tools or methods in LabVIEW that I could use to achieve this? I really appreciate your help. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(162 Views)

If you Read VI returns any messages, sbRIO has received the message and sent the ACK bit. If the ACK bit is not sent, Read VI returns nothing and timeouts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(137 Views)

I understand. However, my issue is that if I'm not sending anything, or nothing is being received, I'm getting an error stating that the queue is full or something similar. I don't understand why.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(57 Views)

My recommendation:

1. Check if the returned array from Read VI is empty. If it is empty, do not process the frame.
  2. Check the error out from Read VI, clear the timeout.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(49 Views)