LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I directly communicate with an EnDat Sensor or do I need an interface?

Solved!
Go to solution
We are using cRIO with FPGA and some DIO interfaces (NI 9411 and NI 9403). Until now we had incremental signals which are easy to detect with the DI module. But now we are have an absolute signal with this EnDat signal. Is there a way to add this signals (1Vss) ant the absolute ENDat interface with standard cRIO modules? We don't want to add an additional third party module as the EnDat Module from SEA.
Od do ou have other references to get an absolute signal?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,920 Views)

Hi Peric,

I want to help you out with your request.
What do you mean with incremental and absolute signals and how do you want to communicate with the EnDat Sensor?

Regards,

Joaquin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petric

Hi Petric,

sorry for the questions, it's clear what you mean now. After some researches i can tell you, that it is the best solution to use the EnDat Signals is the cRIO EnDat Modul of SEA. National Instruments doesn't offer EnDat Modules, because we can't cover the whole spectrum of Modules and the EnDat Protocoll/Signal is very special and complicated. It ensures you reliable FPGA speed at a maximum data rate of 38 kHz and is a qualified product which is full supported from our cRIO Chassis. So if you want to use the EnDat Signal i would recommend you the Module from SEA. If it's possible to use other Signals like SSI, Hiperface you can look after other solutions.

EnDat 2.2 - Bidirectional Interface for Position Encoders

http://www.heidenhain.co.uk/de_EN/php/documentation-information/documentation/brochures/popup/media/...

I hope I could help you with your question.

Kind Regards,

Joaquin

Message 3 of 7
(4,892 Views)

Take a look at this device from Heidenhain.

http://www.heidenhain.us/Portable-Interface.htm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,889 Views)

Manual for the EIB741 interface.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,887 Views)

Thanks for the information. It's no what I hoped to hear but when the protocoll is so complicated, it seems to be the only good solution to get the cRIO Module from SEA...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,862 Views)

thank you unclebump for your idea with the interface but we don't want an additional part in our controller box...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,860 Views)