LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I open, pass data to, and receive data from a program written in CVI in LabView 7.1?

I have a data convertion program written in CVI and I want to be able to pass the necessary information to the program written in CVI like location of the file to convert etc.  I also need the output data from the convertion program.  I want to call this program with LabView 7.1, pass that info to it and get the data out of it to go to the next step of plotting the data in LabView. Is there a way to do this?   I there a method of converting the CVI program to a LabView sub VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,191 Views)

Ted,

Unfortunately, we do not have a tool where you could convert a CVI project to a VI. One method you can consider is to build your CVI program into a dll. You may use the dll in other programming environments, including LabVIEW. To use the dll in LabVIEW, you can use the Call Library Function node.

You may review this document to see how to make a dll in CVI. We also have a few dll examples in the CVI example folder. Alternatively, you'd need to rewrite your code in LabVIEW.

Message Edited by Song D on 03-19-2008 10:39 AM
Regards,

Song Du
Systems Software
National Instruments R&D
Message 2 of 2
(2,173 Views)