LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't connect to TFS server after server change

My LabVIEW 2014 stops working with TFS server after the server moved.

I can see "Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" in source control list in LabVIEW Source Control, but it keep asking me user name and password without any error message and I am sure the password and username are correct because I can do anything through Windowns Explorer or Visual Studio.

Browsing this forum and found this http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-2010-and-MSSCCI-Source-Control-for-TFS/m-p/2099836/highlight....

But I didn't found any registry key under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeCon​trolProvider\InstalledSCCProviders.

I am using LabVIEW 2014 and Windows 7.

I am guessing this is an issue with the new TFS server because it worked before the server moved. But the new server works for my colleagues.

Any ideas? where should I look into?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good weekend!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,007 Views)

Hello Ya-hoo,

I have investigated your problem a little bit, and to troubleshoot the issue further I have a few questions for you:

What version is your server?

What is new about your server? What has changed?

When you say that the server "moved", what exactly do you mean? Was its location changed?

When you say that your colleagues can access the server, how are they accessing it? Are they accessing it via LabVIEW?

If they are accessing it via LabVIEW and are successful in doing so, what are they doing differently than you?

Within LabVIEW, when you go to Tools > Source Control > Configure Source Control... from what yousaid it seems like the "Source Control Provider Name" populates. Once it is populated and you continue configuring in the "Options" window, what do you see? What window(s) open up?

Additionally, you should make sure that all of your software is compatible just to eliminate incompatibility as the cause of the problem.

Here is a resource that you can review to make sure that you are configuring everything correctly in LabVIEW: Configuring LabVIEW Source Code Control (SCC) for use with Team Foundation Server (TFS).

Hopefully these questions and the link are helpful!

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,949 Views)

Hello Gabby,

Thanks for looking into this.

the server we are using is Team Foundation Server 2012

URL and domain was changed

yes, my colleague can access the server via LabVIEW

we had one colleague set up server and computer for everyone, he did exactly same thing on all computers but mine doesn't work. I don't exactly know what are different my computer and others.

When I configure the server in LabVIEW, source control provider name populated, select Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider --> OK, then the connection window pops up --> select the server, then click OK --> type in username and password for the server, automatically return to LabVIEW Source Control Configuration page and provider Name back to None or asking me to type in username and password again but it never accepts the source control provider name.

All software should be compatible since no software version change but just server domain and URL.

hopfully information above can help you with the troubleshooting.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,926 Views)

Hello Ya-hoo,

Thank you for your prompt response to my questions. Since the URL and domain of the server were changed, when you get to the point where the "Connect to a Team Foundation" dialog box appears, make sure that the URL you are entering is identical to the URL that your colleagues are using. 

Additionally, if at all possible, try turnng any firewalls or anti-virus software off, because they could potentially affect your ability to communicate with the server.

Other than the URL not being entered correctly or a firewall or anti-virus software keeping you from accessing the desired server, there are no glaring reasons that point me toward what the issue is. I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Team Foundation Server 2012. Once you do so, reattempt to access the server via LabVIEW.

Let me know what happens once you perform these steps. Good luck! 

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,898 Views)

can you please share how you set up the 'Team Foundation Server MSSCCI provider'? Which Team Foundation Server Client or MSSCCI provider did you install?

I can connect to the TFS server from Visual Studio without any trouble. But from LabView, I cannot even see the "Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" in source control list. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,323 Views)

if you are not seeing it from Source Control Provider Name list, then probably is because it's not installed. It is free download software, just find the version which is compatible with your TFS version and install.

Please post here if you have further issue after the installation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,316 Views)

I am using Visual Studio 2015, so I downloaded this version "Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013&2015 MSSCCI Provider 32-bit". 

But When I installed, it gave me an error "Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Team Explorer or its tools are not installed or registered. Please install or repair your Team Foundation Client Installation."

So I went to find the "Team Explorer 2013", installed it and tried again. Still got this error. I also tried to install the "Microsoft Team Foundation Server Client" from NuGet. That does not end up anywhere either. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,309 Views)