LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed line on a XY graph

I am not able to select the dashed line from Lyne Style. LV 2015 SP1 32 bit doesn't allow me to do that. Is It a bug? Have you any suggestion to force LV to accept to make a plot with the dashed line selected?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,279 Views)

Attach your code (include the entire VI as an attached file) so we can figure out what you may be doing wrong.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,241 Views)

This is an example (made with LV 2015 SP1 64 bit on another pc). 

I would like the white line as solid, the red line as dashed, the green line as dotted. 

If I seect the dashed line, it is automatically switched to dotted when I run the vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,205 Views)

Very weird... I cannot get dashed and dotted lines on the same graph. All the dashed lines turn into dotted (or small dash) lines when the VI is run, or when the legend is expanded. Even after creating a new XY Graph the same behavior occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,199 Views)

Is It possible to tell about It to the developers?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,195 Views)

I'm not sure, but your posted code worked just fine for me when I ran it in LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit) on Windows 7 x64.  Here's what I did --

• Ran your VI.
  • Modified the plots so the Red Plot was Dashed (I made the line a little thicker for visibility) and the Green Plot was Dotted (also thicker).
  • Ran the VI several times again, verified that the line attributes "stuck".

Here's what it looks like:

Histo FP.png

I also have attached my VI (again, LabVIEW 2016).

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,183 Views)

Interesting... Bob's VI "sticks" for me as well!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,181 Views)

it ok i think!!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,170 Views)

Untitled.pngit working

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,169 Views)

Asif, your Red and Green plots use the same line style.  The OP wanted three different line styles, specifically Dashed and Dotted ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,163 Views)