LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 123: Timeout at libFrame_OpenPageRef.vi when trying to open class properties

Solved!
Go to solution

This just started happening in  my project as well...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(929 Views)

The workaround suggested by Tunde is still the recommended way of addressing this error. Beyond that, since this is related to the dialog rather than the class itself, there are no dangers of class file corruption. Many people successfully get past it by dismissing the error messages and relaunching the class properties dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(904 Views)

Hi,

This is now happening in my project all the time and it's really keeping me from being productive.  I've been having to open the class in a separate project but it's very inconvenient.  Is there a setting in Labview where we can extend this timeout?

Thanks.

Message 13 of 16
(765 Views)

This is still an issue, apparently. The "workaround" of just clicking OK and trying again isn't working, it just keeps timing out. The file is on a network folder, accessed via VPN from offsite.

LV2017 SP1 (32-bit)

Win10 Enterprise x64 build 1803

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(695 Views)

Follow these steps to increase the timeout of the OpenPageRef VI. This procedure should work in LabVIEW 2014 and later:

1. Close LabVIEW.
  2. Make a backup copy of the following file and replace it with the one attached to this post:
    [LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\Framework\Providers\VILibrary\libFrame_OpenPageRef.vi
  3. Add the following INI token to your LabVIEW.ini file:
    NI.LV.OpenPageRefTimeout=[number of milliseconds]
    The default timeout is 30000 (30 seconds). Bump it up to 60000 or 120000 to try to solve your slow network issue. You could try a timeout of -1 which means wait forever, but I wouldn't recommend it.
  4. Restart LabVIEW and mass compile the VILibrary folder given in step 2 above.

I filed Bug 1208319 to see about getting this change included in a future LabVIEW release.

Message 15 of 16
(689 Views)

Looks like that did the trick on my end, thanks for the quick response!

On a related note, clicking the link at the bottom of the initial error message (search for help on this error on NI.com?) returns an empty search result. Not sure how to get that info back to the people who need to see it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(682 Views)