cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing "NI Package Manager"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I apologize before hand for the errors that may be, my english isn't very good, right now I had installed Lab VIEW x86 2016 in a computer windows 10, but I want to switch to LabVIEW X64 2020,  so uninstall the previous version including the "NI Package Manager" and I download the installation file, the problem is that when executing said file it generates an error message saying that the "NI Package Manager" hasn't been found, I already tried to reinstall it with the help of this installer and it tells me that it is already installed.

Does anyone have an idea why this error happens or how I can fix it, if so I would appreciated your help to solve this situation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,507 Views)

You might have corrupted your PC software, particularly if you tried to use "Registry tools" to remove LabVIEW components.  The only solution I've found for this situation (which I did, twice, to myself in 2017, when NIPM was first released) is to back up your C: drive, make a separate copy of your Data and Profile, gather installation packages for all your installed software, reformat the C: drive (wiping out Windows and everything else on it), reinstall Windows, reinstall all your other Software, and restore your Data and Profile.

I hope this isn't your situation.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ManuelBaez

The NI Package Manager itself might have gotten damaged during that uninstall. To fix this:

1. Download and install the latest NI Package Manager from here: https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.package-manager.html#322516
  2. Try the install of LabVIEW 2020 again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,411 Views)

I like @WesW's suggestion!  If it works, your problem may be solved.  If it fails, it might leave the LabVIEW installation at least capable of being "properly removed" without the drastic measured I had to make five years ago ...  Needless to say, I've been much more careful since then!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,399 Views)