LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while building an application

Who can help me.

Today I started LabVIEW and I want to build my application and I got this error:

Fehler 7 ist bei AB_Engine_HandleLinkErrors.vi -> AB_Engine_Update_Source_from_Linker.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:CalculateDependencies.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller aufgetreten

I've build applications in the past without any problems but now.....

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,895 Views)

Try recompiling all the Vi's and then try rebuilding your application. DO start a new one just in case.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,884 Views)

Now I think about:

What is the easiest way to recompile all the VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,878 Views)

Go to Tools option Advanced and Mass Compile. If you have Vi's in different folder do it folder wise,. Or go to Project file and do it.

Try this too, Delete the project file and create new one add all your VI's and save and then try building the application,

Kudos appreciated. :manvery-happy:

Message 4 of 15
(2,876 Views)

Sorry.

But all the tips don't work.

I still get the same error message.

Anything else I can try???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,870 Views)

Are you able to run the VI ? and while selecting the EXE build path, is that too long ? If yes try saving in path which has only few characters less than 255.

What is "Fehler 7 ist bei"? What error code are you getting try searching internet on that error code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,851 Views)

I'm able to run the complete project in LabVIEW. I never changed the EXE build-path.

Path is: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\z131583\Eigene Dateien\Projekte\Meggis CPC\

The error-code is 7.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,847 Views)

dont mind can you build the application in another PC to avoid PC as some cause due to some unknown reason

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,840 Views)

Hi There,

do you use the Report Generation Toolkit and the standard-report?

Another reason could be, that you have spaces etc. in the build specification name.

Cheers, RMathews

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,830 Views)

So I've tried it on an other PC and  it was working again.

I don*t know why.

But when I tried to copy it back it was the saem although I did a mass compile on the other PC.

What have I done.

I took one of the old versions and modified it over the weekend.

But if somebody know what's happened or someone has any solution let me know.

@RMathews: I have the LabVIEW 8.5 Developer Studio including the Report Generation Toolkit on both PCs.

Eddy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,819 Views)