LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FET Graphing

Hello, attached I have my LAbView program that I am currently working on. I am working on a Tech Project, helping a professor get a little further through out the program. we are using LabView17. When the program is ran the XY Graph of VG displays a single graph of the FET; which is good, but we are trying to get each "cycle" or "graph" of the FET to be displayed. So instead of having a single graphed line on the grpah, we would like to have multiple graphed lines. Thanks for any advice and or assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(904 Views)

For charts and graphs, context help shows all the different ways you can format the data to get different plotting results. I find this to be a really useful feature, because I always have to go check to see how such and such display requires its data to get a certain result.

XY Context Help.png

For XY Graphs, each plot is a cluster containing two arrays of data. The first array is the X data and the second array is the Y data. For multiple plots on the XY graph, just make an array out of single plots. Here is a simple example of a multiplot XY Graph with dummy data. There is also a shipping example (Help >> Find Examples)

XY Plot Snippet.png

Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(895 Views)

Sorry, but this program needs some serious TLC*. Do you know who wrote it?

You have at least four charts and graphs and nothing is labeled FET display. Can you be more specific?

*Some glaring issues:

• Overlapping objects on the front panel and easter egg color theme
  • Mostly local variables and disconnected terminals.
  • "One iteration" FOR loops everywhere!
  • Deeply stacked sequences inside deeply stacked sequences! No!!!!!
  • Inner event loop with events lock the panel! Mouse down instead of value change events. Serious architectural problem.
  • Silly things such as writing terminals from their own local variable. That makes absolutely no sense. Unclear of the concept!

altenbach_0-1648496425880.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(889 Views)

My professor and I are working on it together, I understand it is definitely messy. Just understand that he had been working on it for a few months before I got a hold of it, so a good chunk of the stuff is trouble shooting stuff that he added. I am simply just trying this to plot the multiple FET graphs in one graph instead of the single FET graph we are getting currently. My apologies, the cart where we have 4 DMMS and 2 separate power sources, plus an NI Elvis with the FET on it cannot be provided, so it is a lot of looking an guessing I would assume to someone just viewing the program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(884 Views)

There is no graph labeled FET display. Please be very specific so we don't look in the wrong place..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(857 Views)