LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB Explorer (NI 488.2)- Not working on intel mac

I am using an Intel-Mac and trying to use the GPIB Explorer. Whenever I run the program I get the following message: "Error Occurred in getting GPIB board properties from the NI-488.2 configuration information file. Your software may not be installed correctly. Please re-install the NI-488.2 Software."

I have obviously tried re-installing the software several times to no avail. The other particularly interesting/troubling part is that the EthernetConfig program not only runs but is able to find all the GPIB Devices. 

I can get it to work with non-intel based machines.

Other notes:

I am using version 2.5.5 of the explorer (which should support Intel based machines)

I am also using Mac OS 10.5.4

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Vincent 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,527 Views)

Hi Vincent,

What GPIB hardware are you using?  Were you able to identify the hardware and open GPIB Explorer before you updated the driver?  

Could you please verify that there is an NI Installation Directory and that inside that directory there is a gpib.ini file?  Would you also please check the permissions of the file and the directory?

Thanks!

Meghan

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(2,475 Views)

In fact with the help of the tech support, I have found the problem and solution. Here it is:

"The reason you are getting this error
is due to a missing GPIB.INI file.  This file does not get populated until
you add a GPIB device.  Once the error pops up, you can click through it
and manually add the device from the GPIB explorer using the IP address of
the ENET/100."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,415 Views)