LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed in creating a multiple surface graph.

Dear all,

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I have an equation with 3 variables.

I have managed to plot 2 variable(and the result of the equation) on a 3d surface plot and now I am trying to plot the third one as multiple surfaces.

More in detail, I am trying to plot the induced current in a coil of turns R, at a distance x from a High Voltage(High Current) conductor.

You will see from my attached file that I have plotted 'Induced current', 'Radius from point x' and 'HV conductor Current'.

I now wish to plot turns N (say 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 turns) as 5 multiple plots (one on top of the other).

How can I do this, as I have checked the example files and have not found something very relevant on that. Also answers to similar questions are not very clear to me.
I am also not quite sure that the surface plot I have is correct, as the valus of HV conductor Current (I) do not start from 500. The same happens for Radius From Point 'x' (R), as they start from 3,5 instead of 3.

If I go to to CDgraph3D>>properties, I can see 4 more plots but they are definetely not what I would expect.

I am trying to plot:
Radius from point 'x' (R)= 3, 3.5, 4,...,5
HV Conductor Current I = 500,600,...,1000
# turns of coil N= 50, 100,...,250 (as 5 surface plots)
and last Induced Current

What am I doing wrong in my code?

Thanks
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,912 Views)
hey Bogiasac,
It seems that your outer-most For loop had non-indexed outputs, so you were really only plotting the last graph, number 5.
I moved the plotting inside the loop and added a multiplier off of the index to create five distinct plots, and they all showed up.
The code I made here is just functional, please don't take off points for my lack of style 🙂

-Mello

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 2 of 10
(2,898 Views)

I am afraid I cant seem to open it, as I only have Labview v8.0 and not v8.2 (NI drives me nuts sometimes).

Would it be much to ask for a print screen (or if it is possible in V8.0)?

All the best

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,897 Views)

Hi Alex,

Heres the vi in version 8.0 of LabVIEW

Regards
Hannah
NIUK & Ireland

Message 4 of 10
(2,878 Views)

Thank you for the assist HannahW!

Sláinte,

-Mello

Message Edited by Mellobuck on 05-30-2007 08:15 AM

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 5 of 10
(2,870 Views)

Thanks for you reply.

This is what I was trying to accomplish.

I have, however, one more question. I cant seem to get the the HV Conductor Current to start from 500 and stop at 1000.

When I reduce the initial value to 400 I only get until 900. When I increase the initail value to 500 the graph starts from 600-1000.

Why is this?

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,861 Views)

Hmm, I am not sure

When I run th eprogram I get from 500-1000 - however, the 500 is 'farthest away' on the 3-D plot and kind of small. Is it maybe getting lost on you monitor resolution? I've never really used this Xcontrol, and I can't immediately find a method to programmatically set the scale.

-Mellobuck

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 7 of 10
(2,838 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I have found the problem. The 'HV Conductor Current I' variable needed to be connected to the middle FOR loop and not the most inner one. The resultant surface graphs were wrong because of this. 

Thanks, however for taking the time to troubleshoot my problem.

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,828 Views)

Good Morning,

With some mentoring from the skilled LabVIEW Zealot that resides a few cubicles away, I have found how to access the property nodes on the 3D plot. Please find attached a VI that programmatically sets the scale of interest to 600-700. You can change the code to fit your needs.

Many, many more details can be found at :

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=143663&requireLogin=False

( the VI should be in 8.0 this time. 🙂  )

Regards,

Mello

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 9 of 10
(2,826 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

For some reason I still have a problem with loading you VI. I get an error for cw3dgrph. I do however, understand the advice you are giving me.

Thanks for the link to the other post. It looks very useful. I will try and study it a bit later.

Anyway my VI is working and I have attached it.

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,814 Views)