LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the language in Distributed System Manager?

My installation of Distributed System Manager is in Japanese.  Unfortunatly, I don't know Japanese.  How do I get it in English?  I tried downloading and installing it, but refused since I have a "higher version" already installed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,892 Views)

Hi Kevin,

This issue has come up a few times in the past. Are you sure that it is Japanese, or could it possibly be Chinese? There is a simple solution that has worked in the past. Navigate to the NI System Manager folder on your computer (typically located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\System Manager) Select the folder corresponding to your LabVIEW version. Next, just rename the folder called "ChineseS". Try renaming it to just "Chinese."

If this does not work, let us know and we can try some other troubleshooting steps. If those don't work, you'll just have to learn Japanese.

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,881 Views)

Yep, it was Chinese.  I had the Japanese language on my computer for a while for a different project so I assumed it was Japanese.  I guess my American mind couldn't tell the difference (even though it is pretty darned obvious). 

Anyways, the solution worked.  Thanks, I don't have to learn another language!

Kevin Brown

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,878 Views)

Hi,

I had the exact same issue. I was surprised to open Distributed System Manager and see that it was displaying everything in Chinese. The simple solution given by Matt (renaming 'ChineseS' to 'Chinese') fixed the problem

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,430 Views)