LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Runtime Engine 7.0 trys to install at start up

Solved!
Go to solution

This just started happening, every thing was fine a few days ago. Now when I click on the LabVIEW desktop ICON it says it wants to install the 7.0 Runtime Engine. And asks for disk#3  Do I need this?  Eventually after canceling prompts for a few minutes it loads my lab view and my VIs seem to work fine.

I,m using the 8.6 student edition,

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Alan Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,600 Views)

Forgot to mention I am running Win XP PRO

LV seem to be looking for the file  lvruntimeeng.msi

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,586 Views)

Hey Alan,

Sounds like one of your msi files have gone missing. A good ole fashioned "Repair Installation" should clean up this mess.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,555 Views)

Logan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Do I need to dig up my install disk, or is there some way to do this from inside the NI directory on my PC?

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,552 Views)

Logan,

I found my install disk and loaded it up. After asking for my SN, it proceeded to start to install ALL the files on my PC. I canceled the install because I wanted to REPAIR THIS UNSTALL as you suggested and this did not seem be about to do that.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,541 Views)

Alan,

If things are missing on your install, it will try to install them. If you would like to get around using the CD, you can also download the LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.0 on our website here:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/750/lang/en

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,515 Views)

Logan,

Did not work at all. I tried downloading the file from your link, rebooting and I get the error that a more recent file is installed.   I did a complete reinstall  (not what I wanted to happen!!) by loading the set up disk at your suggestion. Lukily my files still seem to be intact. But It is still a PAIN to get passed all the promps to not load the runtime engine.... Help!!!!!

Any suggestions to try next?

Thanks....

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ajmartin

Alan,

The lvruntimeeng.msi that you said your program is looking usually resides in your drivers installer folder with a path like this:

C:\National Instruments Downloads\NI-DAQmx\<Your Version>\NIDAQ<Version>-1\Products\LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_71\LV711RTE

Mine is exactly this path:

C:\National Instruments Downloads\NI-DAQmx\9.0.2\NIDAQ902-1\Products\LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_71\LV711RTE

The 7.1 Runtime Engine is uniquely named "lvruntimeeng.msi". The 8.0 is named "lv80runtime.msi" and 8.2 is "lv82runtime.msi" and so on. Since we cannot install this 7.1 RTE because you have a more recent version installed, please check the path name described above to see if  your 7.1 Run-time Engine MSI is in there. Maybe even run a search to see if it is present anywhere on the system.

If not, we can uninstall and reinstall your DAQmx drivers and reinstall them since they will have each Run-time Engine MSI.

Clearly there has been a file structure mishap and these can typically only be remedied by completely reinstalling the program(s) that initially installed the file(s).

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 8 of 11
(6,496 Views)

Thanks, using the information you provided above I was able to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Alan Martin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,480 Views)

hi, I want to install  LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.0.

I need some help

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,646 Views)