LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking the graph plot area size

I use a graph to display one of the several sets of data (say, two sets, to make it simple), the first set has a range -1E-6to 1E-6, the second set has a range -1E6 to 1E6. I would like number of the Y axis to be shown in floating format. The problem is when I switch between set 1 and set 2, the size of the plot area is adjusted automatically, if I fix the plot area size, then graph size (Bounds) changes automatically.

Can someone tell me how to keep both the plot area size and the size of a graph unchanged?

Thanks

XLE
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,133 Views)

HI XLE,

The best I could do was to use the formatting of the axis to fix the display size of the characters (numbers).  However there seems to be an issue with the fact that most fonts have a greater width for + thn they do for -.  So, there is a few (3?) pixels shift when you switch.

To change the formatting of the axis, right click the axis, and select Formatting...  Change the format to Scientific with 3 digits of precision.  Also, place a check mark in the check boxes for: Hide Trainilig Zeros, Exponent in multiples of 3, and Minimum Field Width of 3 (pad on left with spaces).

This gives the smallest possible "shift" that I can find.

Let me know if you have any questions.
J

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,116 Views)
I was able to fix the width using your example by forcing it to display leading zeros and changing the witdh slightly to 328 from the control... see picture to see if this fix would work for you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,111 Views)
Another approach might be to create a separate scale from a customized vertical slider control.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,107 Views)
Thanks for the suggestions. They all help a bit, but still not exactly what I want (or a bit too complicated),

Do you guys think if NI should make "locking plot area size" a property?

Thanks.

XLE   
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,098 Views)

SImply right-click on the graph, go to "Advanced" and uncheck "Auto Adjust Scales" 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 01-05-2006 11:38 PM

Message 6 of 7
(4,100 Views)
Christian

Great! Thanks.

XLE
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,078 Views)