LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory or data structure corrupt

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a .NET application in which in try to determine the VI contained in a llb file. This is the code:

LabVIEW.Application lv = new LabVIEW.ApplicationClass();

LabVIEW.Library lib = lv.OpenLibrary(@"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\examples\general\strings.llb");

I'm getting the error: LabVIEW: Memory or data structure corrupt.

I know the LabVIEW.Application reference is correct because loading and running normal VIs works fine.

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,114 Views)

Hi there

LV documentation of "OpenLibrary" states:

"Opens the LabVIEW project library"

I don't think you need an object for llbs, because they are treated as directories.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,108 Views)
I agree that from within Labview llbs are considered directories, but I want to determine from within my .NET applicaiton what VIs are inside an llb file. How can I do that?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,104 Views)

Hmm, in case the llb is part of a project then open the project with OpenLibrary and then use the ProjectItem.Children Property to get a list of all sub items (= VIs in this case).

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,101 Views)

When I use OpenLibrary to open the llb file, I get the 'LabVIEW: Memory or data structure corrupt' error.

LabVIEW.Application lv = new LabVIEW.ApplicationClass();

LabVIEW.Library lib = lv.OpenLibrary(@"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\examples\general\strings.llb");

The llb file is not corrupt because I can open it in LabVIEW. I have this error message with every llb file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,095 Views)

Like already mentioned before: The purpose of OpenLibrary is to open a project, NOT LLBs! And because every LLB is NOT a project, you get the error with each LLB.

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,091 Views)

OK, now I see...

OpenLibrary is for lvlib files.

OpenProject is for lvproj files.

So there is no way to open a llb file using the COM interface?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sven9

"So there is no way to open a llb file using the COM interface?"

See my post from 06-24-2009 03:29 AM.

Or create a LV dll that calls "List directory" and returns the list of VIs. Bind that dll tou your app.

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,086 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar problem trying to open a project from a .NET application. The codes look like below:

LabVIEW.ApplicationClass lv = new LabVIEW.ApplicationClass(); 
LabVIEW.Project m_proj = lv.OpenProject("C:\\Projects\\LV_Example\\lv_project1.lvproj");

I am getting the error:  LabVIEW: Memory or data structure corrupt. I face to the same error trying to open a library (.lvlib) using openLibrary() function. What can be the reason?

Cheers,

Pari sa

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,832 Views)