LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to create log with case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, I am an inexperienced user of labview who is learning to use it as the need arises.
First I present the .vi in question, it is a drive for an ixxat Can to USB device that reads messages on the CAN network, I built the monitor for the data read on the network with a case block. Now I wanted to build the log section, I just don't know how to do it, I'll explain the problem encountered.
My idea is to take an array of all the data read for each control unit (each with its own times) and in the next step write them via report file.
When I extract the messages from the case structure, it asks to be connected in any case, to overcome this problem there is the "use default if unwired" option only which creates an infinite number of rows without data.

Nunzio1999_0-1712583059777.png
This is an example of how come the data now.
How can I avoid the need to necessarily connect something? So as to avoid having infinite 0s as values?
I attached the .vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(206 Views)

Since this seems to be a LabVIEW programming problem, it does not belong in the Real-time measurement forum. I will move it to the LabVIEW forum.

@Nunzio1999 wrote:

I attached the .vi

You have not attached any VI yet. Please do! Make sure to use "save for previous" (2020 or below) to get ore responses.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(196 Views)

Thank u for help, sorry if I choosed the wrong section. I'll attach the .vi in this message

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(165 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nunzio1999

Ah, what a mess!

Still, maybe all you need as a bandaid solution would be to make the output tunnels conditional and place a true inside all cases that generate data, then wire that the the conditional terminals.

altenbach_0-1712587965077.png

(Couldn't you form a 2D array right in the case and have only one output tunnel? Would be so much cleaner.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(153 Views)

Thank u very much!
form a 2D array right in the case ad you suggest and use tunnels conditional and place a true inside the cases that generate data.
The .vi now is clean and work very fine!

Thank 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(67 Views)