LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Connectivity Toolkit Errors List

I am using NI SQL Connectivity Toolkit. (LV 9)
Sometimes an error is listed (when executing wrong queries to the database using the execute query),
that hangs the VI.
I would like to find a list of the (labview) errors and their numbers
So I will be able to consider and handle them programmatically.

Sincerely Yours,
Amitai Abramson.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,239 Views)

Amitai,

are you referring to the Database Connectivity Toolkit?  General error codes for Labview can be found in the file here: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\errors\English

Some modules and toolkits have their own error files: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\project\errors\English

But I did not see a specific file for the Database Connectivity Toolkit. 

If you're concerned with specific errors, I would try searching our site for explanations and solutions. You can also try using Help > Explain Error, but that info comes from the files mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,222 Views)

Hi Misha,

Thank you for your reply.

I think that handling the errors from the list I am looking for

is the right way to programmatically work.

This will also prevent unexpected errors that the QA didn't guess.

R&D must have this list , no?

I will keep on looking...

Sincerely Yours,

Amitai Abramson.

Message Edited by Amitai Abramson on 03-10-2010 05:34 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,210 Views)

Hey Amitai,

There are lists of error codes in the help documentation. Here is another link to some of the error codes for LabVIEW as they are listed in the LabVIEW help. LabVIEW 2009 Help: General LabVIEW Error Codes

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,198 Views)

I'm dropping in late to this conversation, but since I've done a lot of database work I wanted to chime in.

Looking at this from a different point of view, are you looking for a list of DB-specific errors?  For example, if you're running Microsoft SQL Server, you can get ADO-type errors (which I usually see) or OLE errors (which I don't see very often).  Since the error definition is not LV-specific, you are dependent on the error description for help - I have found this to be hit or miss with DB issues.

If you're using a Microsoft product, I'd say your best bet is to create a list of error codes based on the links I have above.  Then you can filter your LV errors against that list to see if the error is a DB issue.

If you're using MySQL, then you can try the same scheme using codes from here - it might work, but I've never tried it.

If you're using Oracle, then I don't have a clue.  I've never used it & never want to.   

-------------------
Greg
Certifed LabVIEW Developer
Message 5 of 6
(3,186 Views)

Hi Greg,

thank you for your reply

can i contact you somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,066 Views)