LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select subvi behavior

Hello All,

Just getting around to installing LV2015.  I noticed a "different" behavior in 2015 compared to previous versions.  When I select a number of sub-vi's (to move, delete, etc.), I need to highlight the entire vi icon  I need to draw a box around the entire vi icon, otherwise it will not be selected.  Other controls (wires, constants, etc.) do not have this behavior.  Previous versions of LV did not have this behavior either,  I could highlight a portion of the sub-vi and it would be selected.

How do I change this back to the way it was, where I could highlight a portion of the icon and have the sub-vi selected?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,934 Views)

@doug wrote:

When I select a number of sub-vi's (to move, delete, etc.), I need to highlight the entire vi icon

I don't see that behavior (Running 2015 SP1). Even if I only drag over a small corner, the subVI gets selected on the diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,925 Views)
Ditto here on 2015 and 2015 sp1.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,917 Views)

This doesn't happen to me.  A common technique I use to align VIs is to draw a very long, skinny box (basically a line) through a set of roughly-aligned horizontally-arranged sub-VIs, which selects them all.  I can then use the Align Bottom and Distribute Evenly buttons to arrange their placement.  The same thing works for controls, except they are stacked vertically (usually), so my long thin box is vertical through them.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I've done this pretty much the same way for the last 5-7 annual releases of LabVIEW, have noticed no changes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,903 Views)

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm seeing it happen on some vi's and not others.  I'm able to reproduce it with vi's I placed that are from an .lvlibp.  Other vi's (not in a library file) select OK.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Something to ponder over the weekend...

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,894 Views)