Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selectively underscore character within Boolean text

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm full of unusual requests lately..

Here goes..

I need to be able to underscore a single letter from the boolean text of a button.

For instance if the boolean text reads Select, I'd want to underscore the S in Select.Possibly "bold" it too.

I've thought of the Caption, but if I overlay it on top of the switch, it impedes functionality (obstructs the button).

There is no room to fit the Caption (or Label) near the button itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(3,632 Views)

Immediately after posting this it dawned on me.  I didn't need to have the entire text in the caption, just the letter which is underscored.

That worked.

If there is a way to customize the formatting of a boolean text, I still welcome the suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(3,627 Views)

Hi,

I just gave a try to problem.  Please take a look to the vi attached (not too tidy Smiley Sad of course).  The "Selection" logic that works out for the string should work for the boolean also.  But the behaviour is different not sure why.  It may trigger some other ideas too Smiley Wink

With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(3,619 Views)

Why underscored? Is it supposed to be a shortcut? If so, doesn't windows itself underscore shortcut keys? (Now how to set them in LV ...)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(3,601 Views)

A quick test showed that you can select part of the caption text and underscore it through Font dialog.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(3,598 Views)

My try attached.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(3,592 Views)

Did even code it further...

Felix

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(3,573 Views)

@f. Schubert wrote:

My try attached.

Felix

Felix's attempt doesn't work in 8.2 atleast, but if you link it to the caption it works fine. You can even compress it to 1 property node, they perform top-down. 🙂

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(3,570 Views)

Thanks guys,

The examples you provided undescored the entire boolean text.

What I am trying to attempt is to underscore a single letter, not the entire boolean text.

What I got:   BooleanText

What I need: BooleanText or BooleanText  or BooleanText

Thanks,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,561 Views)

Yamaeda,

I can selectively underline a single letter of the Caption.  As a matter of fact, I "fake" the solution by overlaying the Caption (well, a single letter with the underscore) over the boolean text.  Maybe this is a new feature that should be requested.

Due to space constraints, the boolean text is used to identify the button, not the caption or label, which is why I am trying to figure out if a single letter of a string - word can be underlined within the boolean text.

By the way, the boolean text letter underline does not have to be done at run-time.  It can be done upfront.  It is static.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(3,560 Views)