LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift Control run produces errors in vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a VI that I would like to compile into a DLL. The first thing that the help tells you to do is to perform a Shift-Control-Run to compile all of the VIs and sub-vis in memory. When I do this I get notification of a bunch of missing VIs. This VI runs just fine by itself and will operate the 6224 DIO card that I am controlling. But when I do this Shift-Control-Run, it asks for a bunch of un-relavent DAQmx VIs that are not being used at all by the VI. If I continue and ignore these files, it gives me the broken arrow at the run button.

I need to know how to exclude these un-relavent DAQmx files from the VI and compile the DLL with no errors. The VI is a very simple VI that sends out an array of 7 booleans to set bits on a 6224.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,278 Views)

Hi jfeetham,

I am not familiar with Shift+Ctrl Run-where did you find this command? Have you tried using the inherent LabVIEW tool for mass compiling your VI (Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile)? If you do, do you still get the samme error? What are the VIs that the notification says are missing? Please include a screenshot of the error. Thanks!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jfeetham

@kgarrett88 wrote:

Hi jfeetham,

I am not familiar with Shift+Ctrl Run-where did you find this command? 

It's a standard way of forcing a recompile of a VI. It's also in the LabVIEW Help: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/preparing_vis_to_build_app_dll/

As for the question: what's happening is that you're forcing a complete recompile of the top-level VI as well as all other subVIs. Some of these may be polymorphic VIs. Thus, the likely thing that's happening is that the VIs that are being sought are other instances of those polymorphic VIs. Strictly speaking, you don't really need to do the Ctrl-Shift click on Run arrow. This is sometimes used to ferret out problems with peculiar behaviors of VIs that may be due to compilation issues. I know I've never done it when building apps and source distributions, and building a DLL falls into that same category.

Message 3 of 3
(2,232 Views)