LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering path value change event

I have a path control which I initialize to the value of an environment variable. It also has a value-change event associated with it. I do not want the event to trigger when I initialize the path. It should occur only when the user goes into file selection and selects something. 

At present, it goes into what seems like an infinite loop. 

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(492 Views)

@girish53 wrote:

I have a path control which I initialize to the value of an environment variable. It also has a value-change event associated with it. I do not want the event to trigger when I initialize the path. It should occur only when the user goes into file selection and selects something. 

At present, it goes into what seems like an infinite loop. 

Is there a way to fix this?

What do you mean with "which I initialize to the value of an environment variable"? If you use a local variable, or a normal "Value" property, the Value change event should never get triggered. Only a user action from the front panel resulting in a different value, or use of the special "Value (Signaling)" property would generate an event.

Maybe you should show your VI, and no I don't mean an image of it, but the actual VI itself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(489 Views)

A value change event does not trigger for programmatic changes (local variable, value property node, (except signaling).)

Most LabVIEW programs have an infinite loop (until stop is pressed!). Can you describe what you mean? Do you get constant file dialogs?

If your code gets trapped in an unwanted infinite loop, you have an obvious bug and there are millions of possibilities why this can happen. How much LabVIEW experience do you have? We need to see the code!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(470 Views)