cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI-Initialized BRAM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a general question about initialising BRAM for FPGA.

I know that in order to use a VI to pre-set the memory, you have to have the output be "Init Data Out". Is there a way one VI can initialise multiple BRAMs with slightly different input parameters or selected outputs? (I realized I needed multiple BRAMs in order to access them simultaneously).

For instance, say I have two "sets" of BRAMs (BRAM A and BRAM B) that are defined for inputs 0-14 and 15-26, respectively (see vi). Each set has 3 BRAMs defined for it: BRAM_A1, BRAM_A2, BRAM_A3, based on different outputs of the VI.

Since only one output can be named "Init Data Out" and there's no obvious way to configure the inputs, it seems I'll have to create an Init VI for each combination of input and output.  😞 Just looking for a more intelligent way.

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 07.29.36.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by akarpilow

Multiple VIs.

There's no other way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(587 Views)

🙂 OK.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(565 Views)

You could at least make your code generating the values into a sub-VI with three different outputs and place it in each VI but connected to a different output.

That way you have a "single" VI controlling the data, but 3 different VIs for each BRAM to link to.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(557 Views)