cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs missing after installing Runtime

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i had Labview 2015 installed and created all my VIs. Then after it worked i uninstalled everything with labview and installed only the Runtime.

But now i miss some subvis. For example NI_AALBase.lvlib:Std Deviation and Variance"

This is not longer on my harddisk.

So the question is: How do i have to save my VIs that also the Subvis are availabe after running in Runtime?

Or what do i have to install additional to the Runtime that i have all NI-Subvis?

I tried to copy the NI_AALBase.lvlib into the path of my VIs but this is not working (I am calling my SubVi in TestStand.)

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,223 Views)

Hi One,

you should create executables from your VI to have them run with just the runtime environment.

Or you need to create a source code package with vi.lib included…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,218 Views)

I'm confused by your question.

If you install LabVIEW, you are going to have all the VI's, library files that it comes with which is all source code.  You'll have all the VI's you create in your project directories.

When you create an .exe application, all the VI's will be compiled into an .exe.  Some VI's that might be part of LabVIEW would have their compiled code within parts of the runtime engine.  At the end of the day, you don't need any of the source code VI's (either yours or LabVIEW built-ins) because the compiled code all exists in either the .exe or the LabVIEW run-times.

So when you uninstalled LabVIEW and reinstalled just he run-time, your .exe should work fine.  Why do you think you would need VI files, or library of VI files?  That is source code and is only usable to the LabVIEW development environment.

I don't understand the scenario you are trying to describe where you have a combination of executable and run-times, but also VI's, on a computer system that only requires the executable and run-times.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,216 Views)

I dont have an exe file. In NI TestStand you use simply direct the vi-file.

So i have a directory with my custum VIs. Each vi is a teststep for teststand.

And these VIs are using subvis from the vi.lib which is not available any more after uninstalling Labview.

Do i simply have to copy the vi.lib-directory from another pc into the pc that has only the runtime?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,213 Views)

Hello OnlyOne,

normally the deployment utillity from TS should be used the utility make a source distribution behind. You can do this manually under the build specifications in a LabVIEW project, uncheck the exclude files from the vi.lib.

Unbenannt.PNG

I recommend the deployment utility

best regards
Alexander
Message 5 of 10
(4,212 Views)

Ok,

i have  now a new project of type SourceDistribution.

How can i add my vis to this project?

In Properties + SourceFiles is in Project Files only a monitow icon "My Computer" but it is not clickable?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,200 Views)

Ho One,

first you have to add the VIs to your project tree. Once the VIs are in the project you can create a new source distribution using them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OnlyOne

Hello OnlyOne,

with drag and drop to my computer or you can add the folder.

I still recommend to use the deployment utility.

Unbenannt.PNG

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,190 Views)

DragAndDrop worked.

Now i run built and have a *.lvproj file.

But this filetype cannot be accessed from TestStand. Whats wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,186 Views)

Ok. Everything worked. The built creates a separate directory that contains all vis needed. (also my missing Std Deviation and Variance.vi).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,179 Views)