cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 compatibility with applications developed in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

@luiguiS wrote:

I received a program .exe made in Labview, I'm already using it in a computer with windows 7 and it is working, when I tried to use it in a new PC with windows 10, the program is not working, first it says that running the labview software is risky for being and unknown source. I ask to continue and the next message is "this app can't run in your PC, to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher". can you help me find a solution? thanks

Do you have the LV Runtime installed?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(5,125 Views)

yes, i have the lv runtime 2015, the same I installed on the windows 7 PC, but in the windows 10 PC is not working. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(5,121 Views)

Hi

How is it going with Windows 10?

I plan to move simple LabVIEW based executable GUI from Win XP touch panel to ASLAN  brand touch panel device.

proposed option is Win10 IoT_42C-00168 (Win10 IoT Enterprise2015).

Do you have guys any tips? known issues? experience in general?

Cheers

Mikrobi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(4,904 Views)

Is Win 10 IoT not the really cut-down version of windows designed for embedded-type applications? Is it based on Windows 10 RT, or the full desktop edition? I think you can run it (Win 10 IoT) on a Raspberry Pi so I highly doubt it's the 'full' Windows 10 and therefore it won't be supported by any version of LabVIEW.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(4,894 Views)

I am running LabVIEW 8.6 with Windows 10, I just installed the runtime Engine and the application exe. The software works fine, I need to still corellate the test results Windows XP vs Windows 10. Anyone faced any issues?

Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 15 of 25
(4,194 Views)

Hi, 

Didn't even think that it would work on windows 10. According to the following article it shouldn't be compatible. 

Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

Also, it might be best to post on a new forum post so that the people who frequent the forums can see and address your post. Posting on an old forum doesn't get much visibility. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(4,164 Views)

Hi Davidraj, If you check the link which you mentioned states-

"Starting with 6.0.2, LabVIEW should run on newer, unlisted versions of Windows without error messages, but these are not officially supported"

Right now I dont have issues running 8.5 with windows 10. I will open a new thread for discussion, If I come across any.

Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 17 of 25
(4,150 Views)

@davidraj wrote:

Hi, 

Didn't even think that it would work on windows 10. According to the following article it shouldn't be compatible. 

Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

Also, it might be best to post on a new forum post so that the people who frequent the forums can see and address your post. Posting on an old forum doesn't get much visibility. 

That list does not mean that if a combination is not listed as supported that it will not work. Usually it just does. I run LabVIEW versions back to 6.0 on a Windows 10 system with little to no problems (well the actual problem is more that those old versions lack so many features that I have come to rely upon, that it gets sometimes tedious to do even simple things in it).

But the list means that if it is not listed as supported and you contact NI for any support, you get the standard answer to upgrade to a supported version first! 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 18 of 25
(4,120 Views)

Hi Balaji,

do you have any issue installing labview 2011 and 2013 on  windows 10 computers?

did you find any issues build exe or share the code with other computer which have win7?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(3,332 Views)

I'm still using LabVIEW 2011 on Windows 7, 8 (very few installations) and 10.

So far, no problem. Of course, I had to install the proper driver version when a NI hardware was used.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(3,327 Views)