LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to CSV or excel file

Hi,

using labview 2014,

trying to get data automatically in excel or CSV format but not getting the proper code, or insufficient knowledge of labview.

as shown in image below.Saving Data in CSV.png

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,271 Views)
What exactly is incorrect when you actually use Write to Measurement File or Write to Spreadsheet File?

I would strongly suggest you get rid of the evil dynamic data. It's impossible to say what the underlying data is from your image.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,261 Views)

You say you tried to use Write to Spreadsheat file. This is the easiest way to do it. Convert your data all to DBLs or all to strings and write it to file that way. If you've tried this already, share that code.

Here's an example.

Edit: Dennis, I assume his dynamic data is numeric since he wrote a numeric value in the table under PV.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,259 Views)
Looking closer at the partial image, it's also clear that there is no timestamp that could be written. The table is meaningless for that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,242 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

* I just want that data from chart to be saved, even if the operator forgot to save the data by right click on chart.

* with respect to time on x axix, as attached one CSV file.

* if possible time stamp which can provide the fault occurance tme and date  if any on system. (not so important at this stage)

attached vi for reference.

Got error with dynamic data connection.....

Thanks.

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,232 Views)

Tried, but couldnt manage to get.

please suggest.

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,171 Views)

Your two loops are not allowed to run in parallel due to the data dependancy between then.  Look at the Producer/Consumer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,067 Views)