cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph question - Context help?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking and not seeing anything, but is there a way to add context help captions on the buttons of the Graph Palette for an XY Graph?

Something that I can use so that an end user can hover over a button and get a description of what each button does?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(975 Views)

Hi DBISI,

@DBISI wrote:

I am looking and not seeing anything, but is there a way to add context help captions on the buttons of the Graph Palette for an XY Graph?

Something that I can use so that an end user can hover over a button and get a description of what each button does?

I don't think there's a way to edit the graph palette button properties…

You could use the MouseMove event to detect mouse movement over the graph. Then you could read the mouse position and determine which graph element is below the mouse pointer. Based on this information you could show your own (kind of) context help using a string indicator, either in a separate VI to mimic the hover effect of the tooltip or e.g. at the lower border of your UI window (or any other appropriate position)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(969 Views)

Is there a way to change the graph palette from horizontal to vertical?

If it cannot be edited then no. If the buttons were vertical I could at least put text beside it manually.

Another thing I am trying to do right now i figure out what the minimum and maximum X values are, so that if I am zoomed in I can move the cursor to within the new window.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DBISI

Hi DBISI,

@DBISI wrote:

Is there a way to change the graph palette from horizontal to vertical?

No.

Another suggestion:

Create your own graph palette using customized buttons. Then you have full control over all items, but need to manipulate the graph using property nodes…

@DBISI wrote:

Another thing I am trying to do right now i figure out what the minimum and maximum X values are, so that if I am zoomed in I can move the cursor to within the new window.

Use property nodes of the graph!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(931 Views)

That's doable... Just a shame some of the built in tools are missing little things like that.

I already have a tool to reset the zoom to the fit to window and put it back in cursor mode.

I have been looking at the property nodes for a while, I just haven't identified the correct one yet. My cursor index is say 150 while the X min and max are in the ten digits... My x scale is set to show time absolute time instead of index.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(924 Views)

Hi DBISI,

@DBISI wrote:

My cursor index is say 150 while the X min and max are in the ten digits...

The cursor position is given as index of the plot sample.

The x axis values are timestamps converted to seconds, aka seconds since LabVIEW epoch…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(919 Views)

That makes sense. I should be able to extrapolate what I need from that to get the proper index.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(916 Views)