LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any experience using labview voice yet?

Solved!
Go to solution

I noticed in the Instrumentation news letter a reference to LabVIEW Voice...which seems to let you "say" the name of the function you want to place...or some other editing commands, and have them placed on your curser or just executed...has anyone had experience with this yet....Looks like a time saver...If you can remember the names.

Hummer1

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by."  Donald Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galixy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,932 Views)
Message 2 of 12
(4,897 Views)

WOW!

I didn't understand how to get the speech function he was using...is it available somewhere?

Hummer1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,878 Views)

This one?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/pub/p/id/909

What is smashy smashy?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hummer1

My name is Norm Kirchner and I am the creator of LVSpeak and author of the article.

The video earlier in this thread is a much simpler implementation of basic speech recognition and requires that you understand the Microsoft Speech API

What is discussed in the article talks about LVSpeak.

LVSpeak was developed to abstract you from that and also give you pre-canned developer functions to make your programming faster by including speech in your development process

The associated software and getting started videos for LabVIEW Speak (LVSpeak) are available at 

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-apis/blog/2009/11/19/labview-speak--programming-lv-thro... 

I created LVSpeak for myself, just to basic programming faster and it has evolved into a fully plug-in architecture that can do so much more.

Message 5 of 12
(4,860 Views)

Smashy Smashy is demonstrated in the videos on the blog post I just linked to above, but it's just a silly name for a combo command that both vertically compressed the selected terminals and aligns them to the right if controls or aligns them to the left if they are indicators. 

If you just want to see the commands in action, see the 'Command Review' videos and the QEC action pack as well

Message 6 of 12
(4,857 Views)

FYI:

For those that don't know about "NJKirchner"

Before Joing NI Norm was one of the LV Champions but had to resign his position when joining NI. Norm was the first (if not the first) to expose LV scripting to general public. he was also an domain expert in the use to the LV Picture Control.

We now return you to your normally scheduled program...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 12
(4,856 Views)

Norm,

Thanks for hopping into the string...and thanks for starting up voice. 

A suggestion: (and I havn't even used it yet...but this seems to be generic with me so I will dump it on you now and get it over with...)

I have a hard time remembering how to spell...and exactly what items are available on a menue(sic)...Is one of the commands in voice able to put up a quick list and begin parsing it...or access help sorted and parsed ?  That would help me...the brain limited user...get to the thing I was looking for faster...which your system seems incredibly capable of helping us do.

Can't wait to get started.

And...Should there be a thread for Voice?

Hummer1

Congratulations on a killer app...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,837 Views)

When you look through the getting started videos, you will see that there is a command "show command list" which shows an organized list of all installed commands.

In order to determine the name of the items in the palettes (controls and functions) you can utilize QuickDrop (BUT MAKE SURE TO TURN ON "load palettes at startup" option in labview FIRST! 

Once you know the name of a function, you just need simply say it and it should drop. Certain ones are obvious "for loop" certain ones I always get confused "register for events"

So I think that covers both bases.

The discussion thread is available here

http://lavag.org/topic/11557-lvspeak-2-0-release-discussion/ 

Message 9 of 12
(4,822 Views)

That's pretty cool... Too bad it requres Vista.

My company has only been deploying Windows XP for the past two years (I only got upgraded from Windows 2000 within the last year)

At this pace it will be another five years before we move to Vista...

Message Edited by RTSLVU on 12-02-2009 02:51 PM
Message Edited by RTSLVU on 12-02-2009 02:52 PM
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,783 Views)