Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't step into A* Path Planning 's subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

hi 

i am studying A* example for NIARC 2014

in the  "find path with a star.vi" ,why i coun't step into subvis like "get cell in path" or "a*".

and what i am trying to do is.

insert couple middle points. then show and compare the origianl path with the paths via through middle points in same interface.

thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,262 Views)

If you could give a link to the example or a copy of the code you are working on that would probably help greatly with our understanding of your problem. Without a look at what you are doing already or working with it is a little hard to give advice. But I would suggest looking over the combination of strip path and build path that you are using at the moment. From the sounds of it you are going to want to be stripping the path from one location and using it to build another path.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,247 Views)

i want to step into those subvis in "find path with a star.vi"

but it just step over even the step into button has been pressed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,222 Views)

Are the VIs password protected?

Has the "Allow debugging" been disabled on the "VI Properties/Execution" tab?

Omar
Message 4 of 11
(3,217 Views)

find some locked subvi in project lib

is this the reason 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jeff-rmit

Many VIs that ship with LabVIEW have debugging turned off.  This can improve runtime performance, but it also prevents anyone from stepping through the VIs.  If you want to step through these VIs, you can turn debugging back on from the VI Properties dialog (Ctrl-I, then go to the Execution page).  I would suggest turning debugging back off to return the VIs back to the state in which they shipped, once you are done debugging.

Message 6 of 11
(3,170 Views)

Im not sure but it seems to me that in case of that library if you want to see what is inside of VIs you need full LabVIEW licence.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,162 Views)

I meant full LabVIEW Robotics Module (not evaluation or something similar)

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,134 Views)

hi CMal:

yes! i can step into the a* now.

and have accepted your reply as solution.

thanks very much

you know A* only give the shortest route, 

i am looking for a route by  available top speed +difficulty on   maneuverability +trafficability 

any hints on that?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,118 Views)

hi bienieck

CMal 's solution works on my version

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,116 Views)