LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx simulated digital input

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having trouble using the simulated digital input feature.

I create a simulated digital input in MAX - a simulated NI PCI-6534, single channel, port 0/line 0, acquisition mode is 1 Sample (On Demand)

When I click the "run" button I see the indicator flash on and off as I would expect.

However, when I bring this task in to LbView, I can't get the indicator to flash no matter what I've tried.

No doubt I've missed some basic concept. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

(VI attached).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,481 Views)

Hello DennisW

We cannot reproduce the issue since you are referecing a task configured in MAX and you just sent a VI.

However, if your task is working in MAX, you could use a DAQ assistant in LabVIEW using the same configuration as in MAX.

Using the DAQ Assistant to Automatically Generate LabVIEW Code

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,450 Views)

But I did give the steps I took to create the simulated digitial input - NI PCI-6534, single channel, port 0/line 0, acquisition mode is 1 Sample (On Demand)
It should take just a few clicks in MAX to create it.
I don't understand why it would work differently than using the DAQmx assistant, since the set-up is the same.

Using LabView 2014 32-bit, DAQmx 14.0 on Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,431 Views)

You do not have N channels, you have 1 channel.  Use the appropriate DAQmx Read version.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,420 Views)

OK, tried that, no difference

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,405 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DennisW

Try starting the task explicitly before the loop (and clearing the task after the loop):

DIWithTask.png

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 6 of 8
(4,396 Views)

This worked for me ...

Sim-6534.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,388 Views)

Makes sense! Works too.