cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data dashboard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Can anyone please give me the detailed instructions on how to take measurements from

cdaq 9191 chassis and see the results on smartphone using data dashboard.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,982 Views)

Hey egupta,

Would you be able to elaborate on what you are trying to do?  Are you trying to take measurements from your NI cDAQ 9191 in NI LabVIEW and then send the processed data to NI Data Dashboard?  Or are you trying to directly take measurments using the NI cDAQ 9191 Data Display application?  What kind of smartphone are you using? 

Thanks!

KiraT

LabVIEW Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,951 Views)

I am receiving data from the chassis to a labVIEW program and then I am unable to link the data to the shared variable I wish to deploy.
It's an android smartphone with data dashboard 1.0
Receiving data into a smartphone directly using 9191 and 9234 is not supported as of now so I am using Data Dashboard.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by egupta1111

The wavefrom datatype is a cluster that contains 3 elements.  It contains the start time, time between samples and the actual sample value.  This KB discribes what the waveform datatype is and how you can get the different elements from it.  To be able to publish it to a shared variable that is supported in Data Dashboard, you will need to get the value from the signal out of the waveform.  After you deploy the shared variable library that contains this variable, you should be able to read it in Data Dashboard. 

Message 4 of 5
(2,913 Views)

Data Dashboard 1.0 does not support arrays so you will only be able to show the latest data point. 2.0 supports arrays in either a graph (a snapshot) or a chart (with historical data). 2.0 for Android is still in development, but we're working hard to bring it to you soon.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,899 Views)