LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiples patterns in File Dialog

In the File Dialog, I'd like to put multiple lines with different patterns in the LabView File Dialog such as the picture below...

save as

How I do this?  Are there any way to "All Files" not appear?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,902 Views)

If memory serves, you can do this by using semicolons to delimit the list of extensions (e.g. "bmp;jpg;png"). I think this should appear in the documentation.

Don't know about the all files line, though. I would suggest you do a search for both.

(7,896 Views)
Cross post.

(7,892 Views)
I think a better answer can be found here:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=58352&query.id=4570583#M58352

(an example is given at the last post)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,853 Views)

sorry, I missed the link:

Here it is again...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(7,849 Views)

Hi

This is how I do it.

pattern.png

Cheers,

Mikael

Message 6 of 17
(7,816 Views)

Note that this primative is not directly available in the palette in more recent versions of LabVIEW.

The File Dialog Express VI accepts the same pattern label shown in Mikael's example.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 7 of 17
(7,795 Views)
Could someone show me where this feature is documented? I've been trying to do this for as long as I've been using LabVIEW (about 13 years) and have never been able to figure out how to do this!

Bruce
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,765 Views)

Phillip Brooks wrote:

Note that this primative is not directly available in the palette in more recent versions of LabVIEW.

The File Dialog Express VI accepts the same pattern label shown in Mikael's example.

I wonder why NI say this function is outdated. If you dig to the bottom of the Express VI you will find that function in the core. They have just removed it from the palette

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(7,740 Views)

Coq Rouge wrote:

Phillip Brooks wrote:

I wonder why NI say this function is outdated. If you dig to the bottom of the Express VI you will find that function in the core. They have just removed it from the palette

They never said it's outdated really. But when they redesigned the file IO palatte they did a deadly sin with that function by putting a lot of its operation configuration into the right click pop-up menu rather than making it availalable through connector pane elements. To hide that whole configuration woodoo they then wrote an Express VI wrapper.

The person who did this all most likely had worked on the Express VI functionality and was looking for a way to justify to use it somewhere and found that by making the File Dialog primitive to work so unintuitively, he had a prime candidate to wrap everything up in an Express VI. Smiley Wink

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,713 Views)