cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO VISA Error -1073807192

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Roozbeh,

Which LiDAR are you using? I used the URG-04LX, which is limited to a 10Hz update rate. Using this code I can both acquire and visualise at this rate. The VIs depend heavily on our ability to construct a packet from String data which abides by the SCIP 2.0 protocol. If the returned String is malformed, then we can't parse the data. This leads me to think that the update rate could be limited by a poor Internet connection, which is affecting the interpretation of packet data, and subsequently impeding your perceived speed of acquisition. Try dropping a few indicators inside the SubVIs to see if data is being acquired at the expected rate, and try to make note if any of the returned data doesn't look like it follows the protocol.

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,869 Views)

i am so lucky to find this thread for my NIarc 2014 project

hi all

i can manage to see lidar in NI max as same as this thread showed.

but i can see the them in the example vi (like Hokuyo URG Series Configure and Acquire Data)

only ASRL1 AND 2 available after refresh

please give a hint on it

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,831 Views)

Hi Jeff,

If you right click on the drop down box and select Choose Device Class, you should be able to make sure the LiDAR isn't filtered out of the selection.

Kind Regards,

Alex T.

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,829 Views)

lidar is visible in visa now.

thanks alex

still no reading out of lidar. details on https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35698#comment-35582 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,812 Views)

hi alex

trying test lidar on myrio usb port with "hokuyo urg series configure and acquire data.vi"

it does work, but took too long to refresh a new frame.

only the first time took 2 second, then took longer and longer at each time lauchthe vi, and getting stable untill 1frame/minute

should somewhere to set the refresh rate?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,798 Views)

Solution for the device-recognition (USB):

Update VISA, open NIMAX, browse to the myRIO, click on software, click on "add or remove software" (I don't know the exact description in english 😕 ) (the button is locatet at the upper part).

Look for the checkbox named something like USB-drivers and CHECK IT. Click on save and restart the myRIO...

It should work 

Aaron

Message 16 of 20
(2,755 Views)

Hi Alex,

I am trying to reproduce the same steps ( I must say that I am quite new in LinuxRT and myRIO ) and I cannot find the mdev.conf int the "etc" directory - is there something else that I should do, or maybe I have missinstalled something ?  I have used both PuTTY and FileZilla to search for it, but without luck.

I have also attached a printrscreen with the directory listing on myRIO.

Thank you in advance,

Denis

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,682 Views)

Hey, you may want to look at this (copied from another post)

16. Oct 28, 2014 5:20 AM (in response to FCGoat) Re: Problems with NI-VISA and USB Drivers on cRIO 9068

For the newer NI Linux RT 2014 platform the mdev rule to assign permissions won't work anymore. Instead it uses udev. For this to work you need to add a file "/etc/udev/rules.d/ttyUSB.rules" with following contents:

KERNEL==”ttyUSB[0-9]*”, GROUP=”tty”, MODE=”666”

I got with this addition a Silicon Labs cp210x device working on a cRIO-9066.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,636 Views)

Btw, I used this successfully to control a Phase Matrix QuickSyn Synthesizer (its actually owned by NI).

It first showed up as ttyACM0 "not present"

Following the instructions at the beginning of this topic  and creating the file in my previous post using ttyACM.rules as filename fixed the problem and I am now able to control the quicksyn without a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,618 Views)

Hi CptRon,

Thanks for your reply - it helped  to save a lot of time ( I kept looking for that file 🙂  ). 

What we are trying to achieve, is to control an GW-USB-05 on myRIO

( http://www.iqrf.org/weben/index.php?sekce=products&id=gw-usb-05&ot=gateways&ot2=gw-usb-05 )

Hope that it will work - anyway, I will let you know about the result.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,606 Views)