LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS via Window CVI

I have CVI 2017.

Had anyone tried using Window CVI to send text message to mobile phone(s)?

If yes, is there a sample program I can use?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,001 Views)

First, you need an SMS gateway provider who can send SMS based on the message your application sends the gateway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway

The APIs to integrate would vary by the service provider.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 7
(984 Views)

I appreciated your reply. Do you know if there is a sample program in Window CVI that can do it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(978 Views)

A few years ago we developed an application to send SMS messages from a remote location: it was based on a physical device with a serial port to communicate with and a slot for a SIM.

The device was controlled with simple AT messages sent on the serial line.

I'm adding the datasheet of the device used.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Depending on your application and the destination of your text messages, you might consider AWS SNS. It is based on a pub/sub model and obviously needs internet connectivity. Your app could be a "publisher" to a "topic" and then "subscribers" can choose to receive the message not only by SMS, but many other means.

Not for all use cases, but super powerful and extensible. And cheap too.

You can easily try it out - create an AWS account, go to SNS, set up a topic, subscribe to it, and then publish a message - all within their UI. That way you will get the overall concept of how it works.

Message 5 of 7
(910 Views)

I might give it a try. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(900 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(898 Views)