From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a PCLK to output from a 1409?

Solved!
Go to solution

Using a 1409, I need to generate a 13 MHz PCLK to send out to a camera.  Do I use one of the IMAQ Generate Pulse VIs?  It doesn't look like a very straightforward way to simply turn on a continous clock output.  I can't find any other VI that looks like a possibility.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,801 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K1200LT_rider

Hello Brad,

You should be able to output a signal on your PCLK line by adding the following lines to your camera file.

Attribute (External Clock) {
Value (List) {
Name (Off) {
Action (Clock) {
Frequency (0)
}
}

Name (On) {
Attribute (Clock Frequency) {
Value (Integer) {
Min (50)
Max (20000)
Increment (1)
Display {
Offset (0)
Multiplier (0.001)
Precision (3)
Units (MHz)
}

Default (5000)
Current (5000)
Action (Clock) {
FloatValueFrequency
}
}
}
}

Default (Off)
Current (Off)
}
}

Let me know how this works out.

Message 2 of 6
(3,774 Views)

It worked after I changed one line

to:           Frequency (13)

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,763 Views)

It looks like the 13 MHz on PCLK OUT is set to RS422.  Is there a way to change it to TTL?  I tried changing the following lines in the camera file, but it didn't help (they were RS422 before):

PixelClock (TTL, High)
         PGOutput (TTL)

Is the PixelClock line above for the input only?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,404 Views)

Hey Brad,

What were the before and after on those lines; and are these lines in your camera file? If you look in the Manual on page 4-3 you can see that it is possible to change this between RS-422 and TTL. Unfortunately, I am just a little unsure of how we got about making that change. So, I'll have to get back to you.

Also, this particular thread is a little old and already has a marked solution. So, it might be worth while starting a new thread and simply referencing this one. This way you will likely get a little more attention with a new thread for a new questions that isn't already marked as solved. 

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,374 Views)
The line that you mention from your camera file should be correct for making your pixel clock signals TTL as opposed to RS-422. Do you see any difference in performance if you use PixelClock (RS422, High) vs PixelClock (TTL, High).
Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,362 Views)