Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a PCLK to output from a 1409?

Solved!
Go to solution

Using a 1409, I need to generate a 13 MHz PCLK to send out to a camera.  Do I use one of the IMAQ Generate Pulse VIs?  It doesn't look like a very straightforward way to simply turn on a continous clock output.  I can't find any other VI that looks like a possibility.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,786 Views)
Solution
Accepted by K1200LT_rider

Hello Brad,

You should be able to output a signal on your PCLK line by adding the following lines to your camera file.

Attribute (External Clock) {
Value (List) {
Name (Off) {
Action (Clock) {
Frequency (0)
}
}

Name (On) {
Attribute (Clock Frequency) {
Value (Integer) {
Min (50)
Max (20000)
Increment (1)
Display {
Offset (0)
Multiplier (0.001)
Precision (3)
Units (MHz)
}

Default (5000)
Current (5000)
Action (Clock) {
FloatValueFrequency
}
}
}
}

Default (Off)
Current (Off)
}
}

Let me know how this works out.

Message 2 of 6
(3,759 Views)

It worked after I changed one line

to:           Frequency (13)

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,748 Views)

It looks like the 13 MHz on PCLK OUT is set to RS422.  Is there a way to change it to TTL?  I tried changing the following lines in the camera file, but it didn't help (they were RS422 before):

PixelClock (TTL, High)
         PGOutput (TTL)

Is the PixelClock line above for the input only?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,389 Views)

Hey Brad,

What were the before and after on those lines; and are these lines in your camera file? If you look in the Manual on page 4-3 you can see that it is possible to change this between RS-422 and TTL. Unfortunately, I am just a little unsure of how we got about making that change. So, I'll have to get back to you.

Also, this particular thread is a little old and already has a marked solution. So, it might be worth while starting a new thread and simply referencing this one. This way you will likely get a little more attention with a new thread for a new questions that isn't already marked as solved. 

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,359 Views)
The line that you mention from your camera file should be correct for making your pixel clock signals TTL as opposed to RS-422. Do you see any difference in performance if you use PixelClock (RS422, High) vs PixelClock (TTL, High).
Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,347 Views)