Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add Module to Vision Builder 2.0 using C++ or MathLab

Hi, I am newbie with the NI product and this is the first time that I am using NI..I am now currently using NI Vision Builder AI 2.0 and just wandering if I can insert another module to the program..
I am using C++,VB.Net 2003, and MATHLab..So, Is there anyway that I can actually write my own code and modify the program?

Thanks guys!
Message 1 of 7
(3,451 Views)
Hello,

I am not sure if you are familiar with LabVIEW, but I am going to assume you are in order to simplify this answer. If you aren't familiar with LabVIEW, just let me know and I can go into more detail.

Within Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) you can add a 'Calculator' step that will allow you to do minor computations and data manipulation involving measurements you have made. Unfortunately, if you are trying to create something more complex, pulling in an outside step is not currently supported in VBAI. Within the current version of VBAI you are limited to the preconfigured tools, however this will be changing soon. In the future (possibly soon), you will be able to use LabVIEW to develop steps that can be implemented in VBAI. This is going to be extremely cool!

As for C++, .NET, etc., I am not sure if VBAI will support steps made in these languages. Don't quote me on this, but it may be possible to pull in C++ code by creating a dll and using a call library function node in Labview. Whether or not this is going to be possible is yet to be determined.

Hope this helps,

Robert
Message 2 of 7
(3,440 Views)
but How to Add my LabView Module of Image processing to Imaq Vision Builder?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,430 Views)
Adding Labview code to Vision Builder for AI is not yet possible, but should be possible very soon.

Robert
Message 4 of 7
(3,417 Views)
I am not sure if I am correct, but what I understand is Vision Builder generated a script in Lab View codes..Thus if I can write the code in Lab View, can I actually make my own module that can be implemented in my Vision Builder?

Thanks Guys!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,380 Views)
Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) is really meant to be a stand-alone application where you can create entire inspection projects without programming. Unfortunately, there is currently not an option to call in modules/functions from other languages, although we at NI are looking forward to this possibility in the near future.

Currently, VBAI CAN generate LabVIEW code, although it can not currently call IN LabVIEW code or functions. If you really need to become more flexible with the capabilities of your vision application, I would highly suggest using the Vision Assistant (included with the Vision Development module for LabVIEW) to create LabVIEW code for you and then "tweak" the LabVIEW code to customize your application.

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards,

Dan
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,358 Views)
Hi,

Vision Builder AI 2.6, that recently released, features a new step that you can use to call your own LabVIEW VI.
You can use this feature for example to integrate into Vision Builder a custom algorithm that is not implemented in Vision Builder AI. The step gives you access to the currently processed image, and you can also pass to the VI you're calling results computed by previous Vision Builder AI steps. The outputs of your VI are stored as results for use by subsequent steps.
If you're programming in C++, you can build your dll, but you still need to create a LabVIEW VI that calls that DLL.

Another way to customize Vision Builder AI is to use the Vision Builder AI 2.6 Developers Toolkit. This toolkit also released with Vision Builder AI 2.6 and allows you to create your own step (including your own user interface for the step).
You develop your custom step using LabVIEW 7.1.1 and the IMAQ Vision Development module.

Hope this helps.

-Christophe
Message 7 of 7
(3,207 Views)