LabVIEW Vision won't create large AVI File

Solved!
Go to solution

use this vi in this vi that i wrote before there is not limit for record 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(936 Views)

Hatef

Yes your program will not have the file limit mentioned before in this thread.  That is because you are using the original AVI set of vi. (often referred to as AVI 1) .  The problem is with the new set of AVI vis (AVI2) that have the advantage of built in compression codex but have serious drawback that data cannot be embedded into the avi file and that the file cannot be larger that 2 Gb.  This problem is three or four years old and has not been addressed by NI LabVIEW vision development team.

Paul

Message 32 of 34
(933 Views)

I ran into this problem as well, running LV 2014 x64.

I have a high framerate camera that I write to binary on the fly, then process the file later for conversion to AVI. This lets me record video without dropping frames.

I found the avi1.llb file in 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\vision'. Opening avi1.lib in labview and dragging the open, write, and close vi's into my camera operation VI (in place of the avi2 equivalents) did the trick.

Thanks everyone here for the info. I'm frustrated with NI but the community came through on this one Smiley Mad

Message 33 of 34
(736 Views)
Dear PAR
As I remember I was address this problem two years ago but I do not see any change yet
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 34
(723 Views)