Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more documentation for "IMAQ Match Pattern 2 VI" and "IMAQ Learn Pattern 2 VI "

Solved!
Go to solution
Hy all.
I'm a student in final year and I use NI Vision to develop a PCB checking system as my final thesis.
My problem is that I can't find enough documentation for this VIs. I know how to use them but I have to write a detailed documentation about my project, and this is the reason why I need more information.

All information what I found is in the following documents:
- NI Vision Concepts Manual
- NI IMAQ Vision for LabVIEW User Manual
- Advanced Pattern Matching Concepts
- Pattern Matching Strategies -> http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3763

All of those documents presents only a short description and how to use them. But what is need is a detailed presentation of the way that they works.
 If anybody know more details about these VIs please let me know

Best regards.
Zoltan Szamosi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zoltan Szamosi

Zoli,

I think the information you request is part of NI's intellectual property, and as such is not public.

Anyway, one thing I would try is search NI's patents.

Message Edited by Vladimir Drzik on 05-17-2010 11:03 AM

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,402 Views)
But If you are going to clearly mention labVIEW, will they insist on inbuilt functions explanation?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,398 Views)

hy

Sorry for late response 😞

First of all I wanna thank you for your answer!

Valdimir you have right. I search on internet for NI patents and I found all the infromation what I need.

Thank you again.

Best regards

Zoltan Szamosi 

Message Edited by hianyzoli on 05-20-2010 01:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,357 Views)
Good to hear that... Could you post a link to the patent, I'll be interested, too.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,350 Views)

Hy

I'm glad I can help you.

There is a link to all NI patents -> http://www.ni.com/pdf/legal/us/patent_notice.pdf

There is the list of all NI Vision related patents

U.S. Patent No(s); - Title

6,219,452; - Pattern matching system and method which performs local stability analysis for improved efficiency

6,222,940; - Pattern matching system and method which detects rotated and scaled template images

6,229,921; - Pattern matching system and method with improved template image sampling using low discrepancy sequences

6,256,625; - Video acquisition system including objects with dynamic communication capabilities

6,370,270; - System and method for sampling and/or placing objects using low discrepancy sequences

6,366,686; - Video acquisition system including an improved event architecture

6,493,079; - System and method for machine vision analysis of an object using a reduced number of cameras

6,535,640; - Signal analysis system and method for determining a closest vector from a vector collection to an input signal

6,615,158; - System and method for analyzing a surface by mapping sample points onto the surface and sampling the surface at the mapped points

6,665,066; - Machine vision system and method for analyzing illumination lines in an image to determine characteristics of an object being inspected

6,665,335; - System and method for estimating a shift between two signals where one signal is known in advance

6,681,284; - System and method for providing a serial bus interface using distributed driver execution

6,757,428; - System and method for color characterization with applications in color measurement and color matching

6,931,633; - System and method of evaluating the performance of an image processing algorithm

6,909,801; - System and method for generating a low discrepancy curve on an abstract surface

6,917,710; - System and method for scanning a region using a low discrepancy curve

6,944,331; - Locating regions in a target image using color matching, luminance pattern matching and hue plane pattern matching

6,950,552; - System and method for precise location of a point of interest

6,959,104; - System and method for scanning a region using a low discrepancy sequence

6,963,425; - System and method for locating color and pattern match regions in a target image

6,963,667; - System and method for signal matching and characterization

6,985,977; - System and method for transferring data over a communication medium using double-buffering

7,013,047; - System and method for performing edge detection in an image

7,034,831; - System and method for generating a low discrepancy curve in a region

7,039,229; - Locating regions in a target image using color match, luminance pattern match and hill-climbing techniques

7,046,842; - System and method for color characterization using fuzzy pixel classification with application in color matching and color match location

7,079,141; - System and method for specifying a machine vision process using different programming methodologies

7,120,301; - Efficient re-sampling of discrete curves

7,127,100; - System and method for analyzing an image

7,133,538; - Pattern matching utilizing discrete curve matching with multiple mapping operators

7,136,505; - Generating a curve matching mapping operator by analyzing objects of interest and background information

7,139,432; - Image pattern matching utilizing discrete curve matching with a mapping operator

7,139,979; - Displaying operations in an application using a graphical programming representation

7,158,677; - Matching of discrete curves under affine transforms

7,171,048; - Pattern matching system utilizing discrete curve matching with a mapping operator

7,212,673; - Rotational symmetry detection for configurations of discrete curves

7,233,699; - Pattern matching using multiple techniques

7,269,286; - Discrete curve symmetry detection

7,293,112; - Graphical program node for displaying acquired images

7,327,887; - Increasing accuracy of discrete curve transform estimates for curve matching

7,340,089; - Geometric pattern matching using dynamic feature combinations

7,397,956; - Pattern matching method selection

7,450,765; - Increasing accuracy of discrete curve transform estimates for curve matching in higher dimensions

7,559,060; - Time-bounded program execution

7,668,376; - Shape feature extraction and classification

Because the site where I found them (http://www.patentstorm.us/) requires login I think is more easy for you (and for other who are interested) if I attach the pattern matching related patents to my post. Thus you can find them in the "NI_Pattern_Matching_Related_Patents.zip" archive.

The list of attached patents 

6,219,452; - Pattern matching system and method which performs local stability analysis for improved efficiency

6,222,940; - Pattern matching system and method which detects rotated and scaled template images 

6,229,921; - Pattern matching system and method with improved template image sampling using low discrepancy sequences

7,233,699; - Pattern matching using multiple techniques 

7,397,956; - Pattern matching method selection 

Message Edited by Zoltan Szamosi on 05-20-2010 04:41 PM
Message 6 of 8
(4,331 Views)

hello , i have download the  patent by the link that you provide.

however , i think the discription of the pattern matching strategies is different with the patents .

i can't find any of the feature identification that the pattern matching strategies said in patents.

and the step of the pattern matching is different too.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,049 Views)

In this illustrative example, we will create a program in Labview capture an image pattern, after the search to show the location and coordinates, you can check the following article in the following link

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-31880

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,361 Views)