Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting usb/webcam resolution

Dear All,

I am using the USB driver published by NI, Labview 7.1 and IMAQ. The webcam is Logistec Quickcam.

I would like to set it for 640X480 resolution.

When I use Vision Assistant and also the example provided by the USB driver, I got image at 320X240. Apparently, this is the default resolution that was set 'internally' either by the NI driver or the Logitec driver. The Vision Assistant and USB example vi do not have facility for setting different resolution.

Could anyone advise on how to set it to 640X480 resolution?

TIA

William
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,456 Views)
Hi William,

Have you tried the USB Property page VI?  I have not worked with this camera before but perhaps you may find this setting there. 

Good luck!

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,436 Views)
Hello, I m using the same hardware (Logitech Quickcam) and you can change the reolution in vision assistant in Image settings and in video settings, but the quality is a bit poor, i hope have helped you.

Fernando Mora Torrijo 
Fernando Mora Torrijo
Spanish studient
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,430 Views)

Thanks for the kind assistance.

I am using the Vision Assistant to generate vi code for Labview. Any idea on how to set resolution under Labview for this camera?

Another poster suggested to use usb_property.vi. I have tried but not yet get it working for THIS camera. The error code seems to say that this CAMERA does not support the usb_property.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,420 Views)
Hello william

I think you can change the camera settings if you use the grabwith properties.vi example.

Fernando Mora Torrijo
Fernando Mora Torrijo
Spanish studient
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,412 Views)

Hello fernandomora,

I am new to these area, may I ask where is the said function located?

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,404 Views)
You can now set camera resolutions programmatically with the NI IMAQ USB driver.  See the following thread for more info:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=154541&view=by_threading&page=2

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,188 Views)