Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an acceptable CSYNC waveform for a 1409?

Solved!
Go to solution

I understand the PCLK, HSYNC and VSYNC inputs because we are using those with our current project.  I also understand NTSC & RS-170 video.  But the separate input for CSYNC confuses me.  In the manual it says for the "CSYNC External Mode" a luminance or composite video signal is connected to a VIDEO input along with a composite sync signal connected to the CSYNC.  If you already have a composite video connected why would you want to connect a separate CSYNC?  Also, what is the CSYNC signal supposed to look like?  Is it exactly like a composite video signal without the video information and colorburst?  I can't find any info or spec for what is required on the CSYNC input.

It would be nice if the technical spec's used to design the 1409's signal inputs were made public so we would all know exactly what each signal must look like.   Or, in the manuals, at least have drawings of example signals that work in each of the possible capture modes.

Thanks,

Brad 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,282 Views)
Solution
Accepted by K1200LT_rider

Hello Brad,
Just to clarify the signal that you would see on the CSYNC line is that of a timing source to help synchronize multiple cameras needing to take pictures at the same time. The CSYNC line actually send out the PCLK, HSYNC and VSYNC as one signal, and depending on if you are looking at the master or slave cameras either sends or receives those signals. You could hook an oscilloscope to this line to interpret the data coming out, but ultimately it would look like nothing more then a messy signal. I am attaching the KnowledgeBase How Can I Connect Multiple Video Signals to an Analog IMAQ Device? which I think will help clarify any other questions you might have on this subject.Thanks again and have a great day!

Regards,

Nicholas K

Platinum Applications Engineer

National Instruments

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,265 Views)

actually u guys may be able to help

im trying to capture a composite (capturable by 1411) using a 1409 and having no luck.

surely if i set the source as the channel im using this should just acquire?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,242 Views)

Hello slugger,

The 1409 is capable of capturing composite video signals as well. Could you elaborate on what you are seeing at your end? 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,224 Views)