Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smoke flow detection

Is seems that vsion can detect a flow of particals,

Can any one tell me or it also detect smoke  particals?   or the flow of smoke?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Hi Cees,

Could you please provide much more detail about this?  What do you mean by flow of particles?  And what do you mean by detect flow of smoke?  Do you have any sort of physical specs for this?  What I woudl recommend is to try it with two images using Vision Development Module.  You can download this for free on ni.com: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2125/lang/en and try it for 30 days.  I'd recommend taking a look at the optical flow VI's. 

Cheers,

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,325 Views)

HI Marti C

Well i want to use it as tool in a windtunnel ,when  we do flow detection and all kindo f other stuff on the same time   on  large objects.

Would be nice if we could see that flow on computer  with its path , when we see the flow of  the smoke and its direction we can then determine the force.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,315 Views)

Isn't a wind tunnel application more of a steady state than dynamic?  You aren't trying to measure motion of the smoke particles, are you?  It sounds more like you just want to locate the stream of smoke after it has settled into a steady state.

If you could color your smoke a special color, it would be very easy to detect with a color camera or a filter on a grayscale camera.  You can do it with white smoke, but then you need a different color background (black preferred) to make the color stand out.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,309 Views)

Isn't a wind tunnel application more of a steady state than dynamic? 

Well we want to see a human with iteracting with its sports device

You aren't trying to measure motion of the smoke particles, are you? yes we want to do that  check the motion of the particals  like  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_image_velocimetry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,305 Views)