Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoScale is performed regardless of the current view bounds.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm working with a ScatterGraph with number of plots in it.

When I set the YAxis Mode to the AutoScale mode, the autoscaling is being performed regardless of the currently displayed graph part.

For example:

If my graphs Max peak value is 100 and min value is 0, but in the displayed range the values varies between 4 and 10, the graph will be still scaled to 0-100.

p.s. Is there anything like the AutoScaleNow() function for c#?

I'm using the "Measurement Studio 8.1.2.472" 

Thanks for  help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,868 Views)

Hi,

What language are you using?

Regards,

Adri Kruger

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

Adri Kruger
National Instruments
LabVIEW Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,853 Views)

I'm using C# with .Net 2 framework.

Regards,

Danny Yoffe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,851 Views)

In the AxisMode class there are two options that will give you the functionality you are looking for. These two options are:

ScopeChart-The axis updates the range to behave as a scope chart. For example, if the existing range is 0 to 10 and a data value of 13 is plotted, the range is updated to 10 to 20.

StripChart-The axis updates the range to behave as a strip chart by scrolling to the most recent data value. For example, if the existing range is 0 to 10 and a data value of 13 is plotted, the range is updated to 3 to 13.

Regards,

Adri Kruger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support

Adri Kruger
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,847 Views)

The data in the graphs is preloaded, and I don't add any new data.

I can pan and zoom through the graph with no problem.

The only problem that I have is that the AutoScale is not working as I assume it should work. (to scale by the displayed part of the graph and not by all the history).

Meanwhile I just go over all the displayed points to find the Max and Min Y values, and manually set the graph YAxis Range to those values.

The problem is, that I might get several plots with hundreds of thousands values in each, and that might take a while to calculate this for the C#.

Measurement studio might have a quicker way to do this kind of stuff (This is it's purpose.)

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,838 Views)

Danny,

Could you please provide me with the section of code that you are trying to configure?

Regards,

Adri Kruger

Adri Kruger
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jonson
Danny,

Measurement Studio does not offer a function to do what you are looking for. The solution that you have come up with of examining all the displayed points and finding the Max and Min Y values and then manually setting the graph YAxis Range to those values is probably the best workaround. I am going to file a product suggestion for this feature to be added to Measurement Studio.

Regards,

Adri Kruger
Adri Kruger
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,824 Views)
Thanks for the good intentions 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,822 Views)

Danny,

I did find a way to do what you are looking for.

1. Select the ScatterGraph smart tag
  2. Select Edit YAxes
  3. Change Mode to AutoScaleVisibleLose

This feature was added in Measurement Studio 8.5 and forces the axis to automatically update the range so that the range extends beyond the exact calculated data values for the subset of data in the range of the corresponding axis in the other dimension.

I have a ttached an image of this configuration.

-Adri Kruger

Adri Kruger
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,807 Views)

Thanks,

It's good to know that this option is available, I think that this is exactly the mode that I've been looking for.

Unfortunately we don't have this version of the Measurement Studio. Our version is 8.1.2

This might be a good opportunity to examine the possible upgrade to the newer version.

Thanks for your effort,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,795 Views)