Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx device not correctly recognised in MAX (DAQmx 9.3)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the problem that after installing some NI products my DAQmx PXI cards are not correctly recognised anymore.

Original situation (where everything was fine):

• PXI 1036 chassis with NI PXI-7813R, NI PXI-6229 and NI-PXI-6122 cards.
  • Windows 7
  • LabVIEW 2010 SP1 with FPGA module 10.0.1
  • DAQmx 9.2.3

I then made the following modification on the system:

1. I additionally connected a NI-PXIe 1073 chassis with a NI PXIe-7962R and a PXI-6229. At that point, all 3 DAQmx cards were still nicely recognised in MAX.
  2. In order to access an NI 5751 FlexRIO adapter, I (re-)installed  the FPGA module and the corresponding RIO drivers. Additionally, I installed DAQmx 9.3.

After that all 3 DAQmx cards were shown as black-and-red "ghost" icons, as if they were not connected anymore.

I proceeded as follows:

• Deleting the MAX database: now the DAQmx cards were shown again, but not with the original DAQmx icons, but rather the PXI icons (see screenshot below). Furthermore, the buttons "Reset device", "Self-test" and "Create task" that are normally displayed for DAQmx cards, have disappeared. From LabVIEW, the cards are not visible anymore.
  • Re-installing DAQmx 9.2.3: didn't help
  • Re-installing DAQmx 9.3: didn't help
  • Connecting the PXI 1036 chassis to another PC (with WinXP, LV SP1, DAQmx 9.3): there, the cards were perfectly accessible. So, the cards are NOT damaged.
  • Working only with the PXIe 1073 chassis, without the PXI 1036: still the same problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Here are the screen shots from LabVIEW and MAX, respectively:

lv_chConst.png

MAX.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,484 Views)

Note that this problem has some similarities to one I already reported previously:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/DAQ-cards-not-selectable-although-listed-in-MAX/m-p/124744...

However, at that time, it was attributed to a bug in older DAQmx versions that should be fixed in the two versions I had been experimenting with as described above (9.2.3 and 9.3)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dlanger

As de-installing/re-installing DAQmx didn't work, I removed all NI software from the PC and reinstalled everything from scratch (with DAQmx 9.2.3)

Now it's working fine again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,449 Views)